- Price TBA
- Duration 5 Days
- Locations Nasr City
This course will reveal how the world's most successful companies manage multiple-shift and operations to deliver world-class people and process performance. All industries are highly competitive so in order to compete successfully, operations must continuously improve to achieve the highest possible standards at all times.
For a facility to operate safely and efficiently 24/7, it is necessary to apply shift working best practices. Multiple-shift operation poses a challenge because of the potential for fatigue and disconnects caused by the fact that the personnel are changing every few hours. This can result in a significantly increased risk of incidents and operational problems such as reduced throughput, poor communication and increased levels of waste.
This course will feature:
- Why 24/7 operation needs multiple-shift working
- How Shift working introduces extra challenges
- Communication and leadership for shift working
- Why shift working increases risk from fatigue and at changeover
- Development of strategies to manage shift risks & issues & become a world-class 24/7 operation
Is it right for me?
- Plant/operations personnel and managers, shift supervisors and shift team leaders
- Personnel interested in Quality and Quality Assurance
- Maintenance and Engineering Personnel
- Training & Development Personnel
- Personnel from Logistics or Network Support Teams
- Personnel from Customer Service at any level
- HR Personnel and those involved in Staff health and welfare at any level
What will I learn?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Recognize and appreciate the issues associated with 24/7 shift operation.
- Identify strategies to deal with the issues.
- Benchmark your performance against that of world-class facilities & explore alternative shift schedules.
- Develop effective Shift Supervisors.
- Create an Action Plan for continuous improvement back at work.
What will it cover?
- Day One: Understanding the issues associated with shift working
- Day Two: Effective Communications, Effective Shift Handover & Continuity of Operation
- Day Three: Developing Effective Shift Supervisors, Continuous Improvement/Kaizen in 24-Hour Operations
- Day Four: Dealing with Fatigue, Pros and Cons of Different Shift Systems
- Day Five: Dealing with People Issues on Shift
A subsidiary of We_They Strategies Corporation , We_They is a World performance improvement company and a leader in sales and technical training, management consulting, and engineering services.
We help improve your organisational effectiveness through innovative and knowledgeable training, consulting, and business improvement services customised to meet your specific needs. With offices throughout The Middle East, we are strategically positioned to serve you at your locations around the world.See all World Knowledge courses