- Locations: Nasr City
- Duration: 1 Day
With investment funding constantly under pressure there is, thankfully, a broad acceptance that the realisation of benefits should be the key driver for all change initiatives. Obtaining a good return on investment is critical, but many organisations struggle to demonstrate that their projects and programmes deliver the required benefits. Often there is confusion over what benefits are required, who should track them and how and what the effective measures should be.
To aid benefits realisation, this workshop covers the benefits management principles, practices and techniques that enable organisations to optimise the return from their investments in change. Suitable fomanagers and practitioners from a wide range of disciplines, the course includes examples of how and where benefits management has been successfully implemented across the world.
N.B. Please note that this workshop is based on project and programme scenarios and is therefore particularly suited to project and programme managers who are given responsibility for benefits management and/or realisation.
Is it right for me?
Suited to all those with an interest in ensuring the best use of invested funds by optimising the benefits realised from change initiatives. This multi-disciplinary group could include:
- All management involved in delivering change and business transformation
- Senior Responsible Owners (SROs), programme sponsors and programme managers
- Project board members and project managers
- Business change managers and benefits realisation managers
- Other change management professionals
- Business case writers responsible for delivering reliable justifications for projects
What will I learn?
By the end of this workshop you will be able to:
- Understand benefits management and its related terminology
- Recognise the relationship between the principles, practices and relevant techniques
- Apply the key principles of benefits management
- Utilise the benefits management cycle
- Recognise the key functions and activities with which benefits management needs to interact
What will it cover?
The Principles of Benefits Management
- Align benefits with strategy
- Start with the end in mind
- Utilise successful delivery methods
- Integrate benefits with performance management
- Manage benefits from a portfolio perspective
- Apply effective governance
- Develop a value culture
The Benefits Management Cycle
- Identify and quantify
- Value and appraise
Benefits Management across the Project Lifecycle
- The value of defining high level benefits in the ‘concept’ phase
- Developing a benefits management strategy and benefits management plan in the ‘definition’ phase
- Keeping the benefits management plan up to date during the ‘development’ phase
- Finalising the benefits management plan as part of the project ‘handover’ phase
- Reporting on benefits realisation post project/programme
The Tools and Techniques of Effective Benefits Management
- Benefits management roles and responsibilities
- The benefits management strategy
- The benefits management plan
- The value of benefits maps, benefits mapping and benefits profiles
- How benefits should be managed post-project/programme closure
- Tracking benefits and conducting benefits realisation reviews
- Post-implementation and post-investment reviews
About World Knowledge
A subsidiary of We_They Strategies Corporation , We_They is a World performance improvement company and a leader in sales and technical training, management consulting, and engineering services.
We help improve your organisational effectiveness through innovative and knowledgeable training, consulting, and business improvement services customised to meet your specific needs. With offices throughout The Middle East, we are strategically positioned to serve you at your locations around the world.See all World Knowledge courses