- Locations: Maamoura Area, Near Cambridge School
- Duration: 30 Hours
Why choose a Beginners English Course?
- An easy to follow, structured course
- Learn essential speaking & listening and reading & writing skills
- Get a good understanding of basic grammar and vocabulary
- Start using practical English examples from day one.
- Progress with regular tests, targets and personal learning plans
- Why not take the first step and open up a world of English-speaking opportunities?
Our General English programme offers you a balanced syllabus with writing, reading, listening and communication, using modern course books and a wide range of our resource materials.You will be expected to participate in pair work, group work and be as active as possible in the classroom. Our aim is to improve accuracy and fluency with the emphasis on effective communication.
Our classes are usually small, which means that your teacher can give you the personal attention you need. Participants are given plenty of opportunities to practise the spoken English language through discussions, debates and conversation activities, such as role-play and pair-work
Course Sub-Level (30 hours per sub-level):
Introductory ( A0 )
Beginners English A ( A0 – A1 )
- Pre-Requisites: Introductory ( A0 )
Beginners English B ( A1 )
- Pre-Requisites: Beginners English A ( A0 – A1 )
Beginner Level Course Descriptions:
Speaking and Listening
- Participants will practice and develop their communicative competence in the use of oral language through pairs, small groups, and full-class activities, discussions, and dialogues emphasizing listening strategies and speaking fluency.
Reading and Vocabulary
- Participants will learn and practice reading strategies and increase their English vocabulary with contextual use of both high-frequency and daily life vocabulary. Reading passages will be used from a variety of sources, and test-taking strategies will be analyzed and practiced.
Grammar and Writing
- Participants will practice and demonstrate understanding of basic English grammar through integrated use in speaking, listening, reading, and writing. Participants will apply knowledge of grammar and vocabulary to writing tasks from the sentence through essay level.
- Participants will learn and practice effective pronunciation of the phonemes of British English or North American English as well as its patterns of stress, linking and intonation.
Integrated Skills Workshop
- Participants will practice and develop their language skills in a laboratory setting using technology, language development software, and inpidualized guidance from instructors.
Edu-Tec was established in 2007
to offer vocational training and award recognized qualifications. The company specializes in tailor made courses in English, Management, Skills for Life offered through a forum of workshops and seminars.See all EduTec courses