- Price TBA
- Duration 14 Hours
- Locations 1378 Amman, 11953, Jordan
- Familiarize participants with the legal basis for the operations of banks of various kinds, particularly the recent.
- Familiarize participants with traditional operations such as opening bank accounts and credit and accepting deposits, leasing iron cupboards, and hawala banking and banking bail and the letter of guarantee and documentary credit and collection policies and discount documentary securities and overdrafts as well as margin trading.
- Inform participants on the concept of banking secrecy and its impact on doing business in money laundering operations.
- Introduction of banks and the legal principles upon which the banks and the general rules in the management of banks as reflected in the corporate and banking law legislation with a statement that the legislation governing the work of banks.
- Traditional bank operations such as opening accounts and accepting deposits and lending, leasing iron cabinets and new provisions dealing in check.
- Banking facilities in bank operations such as direct and indirect facilities and what became known as the financial dependence of acceptance and financial dependence security and persity of direct and indirect facilities such as giving loans and account overdrafts and discount commercial paper and sponsorship and bank letter of guarantee and letter of credit, credit cards and margin trading.
- The definition of bank secrecy.
- Operations covered by the provisions of banking secrecy.
- Legislation that took banking secrecy.
- In charge of confidentiality.
- Penalty prejudice to the implementation of the provisions of banking secrecy.
The Central Bank of Jordan began in 1965 to study the necessary means of setting up a team for theoretical and practical training aimed at promoting human cadres of the banking and financial sector and study its employees needs and satisfy their desires to advance their scientific and practical abilities . These efforts culminated in the creation of the Institute of Banking Studies in accordance with Article (37) Paragraph (d) of the Central Bank of Jordan Law and in accordance with the Institute,s Articles of Association No. (69) issued on 1970. The Institute was officially inaugurated on October 9, 1971 and was housed then at the Central Bank,s premises.
In the early 1990,s , the Institute witnessed a new stage ; the construction of the Institute,s permanent headquarter in Tla,a Al Ali , a suburb of the capital Amman . The complex was constructed on an eight dunums plot of land and comprised of administration units, academic and training activities halls, library, laboratories, cafeteria, health clinic and a multipurpose hall. Also , the Institute has two branches, one in Irbid and the other in Aqaba. The purpose of these branches is to widen the distribution of academic and training activities conducted by the Institute to cover the various regions of the Kingdom.See all Institute of Banking Studies courses