- Locations: 1378 Amman, 11953, Jordan
- Duration: TBA
The Institute carried out during 2014 (46) training courses in this area attended by (541) trainees from different banking and financial institutions.The training courses covered the following topics :
- Developing Effective Telephone Skills.
- Business Writing Skills.
- International Trade Pre Arrangements and Correspondences.
- Asset and Liability Management.
- Products and Services Related to Documentary Credits Operations.
- Introduction to Risk Management.
- Fundamentals of Human Resources Management.
- Call Center Training.
- Basics of Documentary Credits.
- Credit Risk Management (Internal Rating Based Approach).
- Treasury Products and Derivatives.
- Documentary Credits Workshop.
- Credit Risk Management (The Standardized Approach).
- Practical Implementations for Handling Documents under UCP 600 and ISBP 745.
- Credit Risk Management in Islamic Banks (The Standardized Approach to Calculate the Capital Adequacy for Islamic Banks).
- Foreign Exchange Market.
- Documentary Credits Rules,Reading and Discussions.
- Market Risk Management.
- Advanced Excel Functions & Application in Finance.
- Operational Risk Management.
- Communication Skills.
- Stress Testing.
- Liquidity & Interest Rate Risk Management.
- International Standard Banking Practice (Pub. No. 745).
- Introduction to Basel III.
- Developing Marketing and Business Strategy.
- Managing Business and Engineering Projects.
- Credit Analysis and Risk Rating.
- Accounting Using Excel.
- Equity & Fixed Income Investments.
- Understanding Value-at-Risk (VaR).
- Corporate Client Relationship Management.
About Institute of Banking Studies
The Central Bank of Jordan began in 1965 to study the necessary means of setting up a team for theoretical and practical training aimed at promoting human cadres of the banking and financial sector and study its employees needs and satisfy their desires to advance their scientific and practical abilities . These efforts culminated in the creation of the Institute of Banking Studies in accordance with Article (37) Paragraph (d) of the Central Bank of Jordan Law and in accordance with the Institute,s Articles of Association No. (69) issued on 1970. The Institute was officially inaugurated on October 9, 1971 and was housed then at the Central Bank,s premises.
In the early 1990,s , the Institute witnessed a new stage ; the construction of the Institute,s permanent headquarter in Tla,a Al Ali , a suburb of the capital Amman . The complex was constructed on an eight dunums plot of land and comprised of administration units, academic and training activities halls, library, laboratories, cafeteria, health clinic and a multipurpose hall. Also , the Institute has two branches, one in Irbid and the other in Aqaba. The purpose of these branches is to widen the distribution of academic and training activities conducted by the Institute to cover the various regions of the Kingdom.See all Institute of Banking Studies courses