- Price QAR 8,800
- Duration 5 Days
- Locations Somerset West Bay Doha
This course is specifically designed to develop professionally qualified and competent bankers and financial professionals on the legal framework that protects and supports their operations, products and the end users of their products.
The world of banking and finance is constantly changing and banks are leveraging knowledge and technology in offering newer, better and faster services to their customers. This course deals with the legal and regulatory aspects that have a bearing on the dynamic world of banking and finance.
Banking and business laws have been interwoven into the discussion of day to day banking operations discussed and case laws have been included wherever appropriate. There are various newly enacted laws relating to Money Laundering, Right to Information legislation, and Information Technology laws that will be referred to considering their significant impact on the business of banking.
Upon the completion of this course, the participant will understand:
- Legal framework for regulation of banks
- Control over organisation of banks
- Regulation of banking business
- The Negotiable Instruments and the law
- Case laws on responsibilities of paying banker and of collecting banker
- Indemnities; Bank guarantees; Letters of credit and Deferred payment guarantee
- Laws relating to bill finance
- Various types of securities
- Law relating to securities and modes of charging
- Laws relating to obligations of revocable and irrevocable commitments
- Prevention of Money Laundering
- Islamic Banking under the support of Shari’a Law
- This introductory course is designed for anyone who needs to develop or improve an understanding of the legal framework which supports and protects the business of banking.
Qatar has taken significant steps towards creating a modern, knowledge-based economy, as the basis for a stable and sustainable future.
In order to live up to this revelation, We_They was established in 2009 under the auspices of Qatar Financial Centre Authority - QFCA to raise the financial services industry standards and help organizations and professionals achieve their learning and business objectives, thus aligned with Qatar 2030 vision.
We specialize in providing training and developing the financial sector. We believe that such an investment is a key strategy to support a modern, industrialized, knowledge-based economy.See all Qatar Finance & Business Academy courses