The aim of this qualification is to enable learners to have an understanding of the preparation of numerical, graphical and financial formats sufficient to provide useful information for management needs in monitoring, decision making and problem solving.
The qualification will:
Meet the needs of candidates who work or want to work in job roles such as:
- Accounts Assistant
- Accounting Technician
- Office Administrator
- Clerical Assistant
- Manager (non financial roles)
- Team Leader
Allow candidates to learn, develop and practise the skills required for employment and/or career progression in the business sector
After attending the programme delegates will be able to:
- Know how to prepare business budgets
- Understand budget deviations and variances
- Know how a business may maintain liquidity
- Prepare costing information for business
- Record stock movements in a business
- Understand principles of credit control
- Understand how to use business performance indicators
Participants will learn by active participation throughout the programme through the use of the course material, case studies, simulation, and discussion of "real life" issues in their organizations, to ensure the development of skills as well as knowledge.
As a result of attending the employee will:
- Gain an internationally recognised qualification
- Develop essential skills to enhance their position within the workplace
- Be able to work more effectively with colleagues
- Develop and ability to prepare and manage budgets effectively
- Appreciate the need for liquidity and stick management
As a result sending a delegate on this seminar the organization will:
- Improve the knowledge and qualifications of their staff
- Improve the professional finance skills of staff
- See an improved performance within the workplace resulting in better cost control and increased profitability
- Allow knowledge and skills to be shared within the organsation
- Ensure staff and up-to-date with latest developments and events in the world of finance
The Core Competencies
- Budget Preparation
- Sales Budgets
- Production Budgets
- Cash Budgets
- Capital Budgets
- Budget Management including "What If, Sensitivity Analysis and Budget Control including Variance Analysis
- Liquidity Management and the assessment of risks
- Methods of Stock Control
- Performance Measueremnt to improve performance, liquidity and profitability
- AZTech Certificate of Attendance will be given to delegates who successfully attended the course.
- City & Guilds Certificate (Level 2) will be given to delegates who successfully passed the City & Guilds Assessment.
The Programme Summary
- This programme covers the essential skills necessary for the Preparation and Management of Budgets, Management of Liquidity and Working Capital (Stock and Credit Control) and the Measurement of Performance
The Programme Content
Preparing Business Budgets
- Calculate increases and decreases in quantities and money value of materials
- Calculate increases and decreases in hours, wage rates and labour costs
- Calculate increases and decreases in expenses
- Calculate increases and decreases in amounts and money value of income
- Make allowance for the timing of receipts and payments arising from credit transactions
- Prepare sales, production, materials, labour, expenses and cash budgets
Managing Budgets - Budget Deviations/Variances and Costing
- Identify variances (deviation) between actual outcomes and budget information
- Calculate variances (deviation) between actual and budget data
- Identify fixed, variable, direct and indirect costs
- Extract data about income and expenditure from given information
- Prepare estimates and job costs
- Check estimates and job for accuracy
- Identify how a business may maintain a level of liquidity in accordance with cash budgets and forecasts
- Invest surplus funds
- Investment risk
- Obtain loans and obtain overdrafts
- Interest rate risk
- Recent events in the banking and financial markets
Stock & Credit Control
- Apply stock valuation methods to record the movement in stock using First In, First Out (FIFO), Last In, First Out (LIFO) and Weighted Average Cost (AVCO) perpetual method.
- Calculate cost information
- Explain the benefits and risks of providing credit
- Calculate credit prices and compare them with cash prices
- Use an age analysis of debtors to determine appropriate action in accordance with given policies and circumstances
- Calculate average periods of credit given and bad and doubtful debts
- Key performance indicators
- Extract and organise information into appropriate form from data provided in tables or graphical format
- Calculate performance indicators measuring customer growth, satisfaction, quality of service, efficiency, effectiveness and productivity.
- Prepare information about financial and non-financial performance in graphical format - line graphs, bar charts and pie charts
- Compare performance indicators/trends over time and benchmark information against comparative organisation or collected industry relevant data
- Financial ratio analysis
Assessment leading to City & Guilds Award in Business Finance - Level 2:
- This unit will be assessed by a one hour thirty minute question paper, which will be externally marked The examination paper consists of a number of practical tasks, all of which should be completed by the candidate. Pro-formas will be provided for the completion of graphs, charts, tables and business documents testing application of understanding.
The adage that “knowledge” is power holds very true in this industry. In order to maximize results we are constantly updating and upgrading ourselves. This commitment to ongoing skills development is one of the reasons we are success, the belief that there is a “better way to do things” is what motivates us each and every day. By aligning with us you are going to benefit from our years of expertise in real world scenarios. Classroom learning is great but there is no substitute to real world experience which is what we are bringing to the table.
Billionaire investor Warren Buffett said “price is what you pay but quality is what you get” and that expression is very true. With use we understand that your time is very valuable and you only want the best and most current industry related knowledge which is what we bring to the table. Instead of giving you massive amounts of inaccurate or outdated information you get precisely what you want, the most current knowledge so you can make truly informed decisions that will directly impact productivity and your bottom line. When results are what you are looking for then the choice is clear, we are your partners in success.
Technology has revolutionized the way knowledge is disseminated in throughout the world, what use to take months or even years to reach the masses can be done in a few hours ! In order to remain relevant and viable we need to embrace innovations. The challenge with innovation is knowing when to implement it and what type of return you can expect from it. Instead of risking your time and resources we have the answers for you, Since we are at the vanguard of the industry whenever there is a fruitful innovation we will be there providing you with the information needed to make the right decision.
We understand you may have unique need so we provide a tailored made (bespoke for our U.K. friends) approach that will address your questions in the most conducive manner possible. Respect to us means putting your interests, your needs at the forefront of our mind. You will see how genuine we are and that you not just “some customer” you are our partner in success just as much as we are your partner in success. We firmly believe in the “golden rule”, treat others with graciousness, courtesy and respect. Come experience the difference that quality and respect makes and you will truly be amazed.