Course detailsCourse Objectives
After completing this AutoCAD Mechanical training course, you will be able to:
- Identify the main interface elements, their setup and what Help information is available, and to create and use drawing template files.
- Describe the object property management system in which layers are configured and the tools for manipulating layers.
- Describe the workflows for organizing drawing geometry and create a Mechanical structure in a drawing by creating components, component views, and folders.
- Describe the core mechanical design tools of rectangle, hatch, fillet, chamfer, holes, slots, and threads and how to use them to create and modify geometry in your drawings.
- Modify and edit drawing objects by creating multiple offset copies, scaling them with separate values for the X and Y direction, or using a power command.
- Insert industry standard parts into your assembly designs.
- Create production-ready drawings in model space and layouts of structured and non-structured geometry and insert title blocks and borders.
- Notate a drawing through the creation and editing of dimensions, hole charts, fits lists, and mechanical symbols.
- Explain how to create and edit a bill of materials, parts list, and balloons.
- Describe the tools that you can use to verify whether or not the standard parts or custom parts within your design meet or exceed the requirements for operational use.
- Exchange data between CAD systems in the form of Mechanical DWG™ and IGES files and create Mechanical drawings using Inventor Link.
- Create a custom drafting standard and drawing template that includes the configuration settings for layers, object properties, symbols, text, BOMs, parts list, balloons, and other annotation tools.
The AutoCAD Mechanical training course teaches students about the indispensable core topics required to use the AutoCAD Mechanical software. Through a hands-on, practice-intensive curriculum, students acquire the knowledge needed to accelerate the mechanical design process. With specific tools for creating and manipulating geometry, automatically acquiring bills of materials, generating mechanical components, and performing design calculations, the AutoCAD Mechanical software offers significant productivity gains that the student learns to maximize.
Chapter 1: Getting Started
· Lesson: Interacting with the User Interface
· Lesson: Common Drawing Setup
Chapter 2: Object Property and Layer Management
· Lesson: Property Management
· Lesson: Layer Control
Chapter 3: Organizing Drawing Geometry
· Lesson: Drawing Creation Workflows and Organization
· Lesson: Structuring Data in Drawings
· Lesson: Reusing and Editing Structured Data
Chapter 4: Tools for Creating Key Geometry
· Lesson: Core Design Tools
· Lesson: Power Snaps
· Lesson: Centerlines
· Lesson: Construction Lines
· Lesson: Designing with Lines
· Lesson: Adding Standard Feature Data for Holes and Slots
Chapter 5: Tools for Manipulating Geometry
· Lesson: Editing Tools
· Lesson: Power Commands
· Lesson: Associative Hide
Chapter 6: Mechanical Part Generators
· Lesson: Standard Parts
· Lesson: Chains and Belts
· Lesson: Shaft Generator
· Lesson: Standard Shaft Parts
· Lesson: Springs
Chapter 7: Creating Drawing Sheets
· Lesson: Model Space Views in Layouts
· Lesson: Creating Drawing Sheets in Model Space
· Lesson: Annotation Views When Using Structure
· Lesson: Title Blocks and Drawing Borders
Chapter 8: Dimensioning and Annotating Drawings
· Lesson: Annotation and Annotation Symbols
· Lesson: Creating Dimensions
· Lesson: Editing Dimensions
· Lesson: Hole Charts and Fits Lists
· Lesson: Revision Lists
Chapter 9: Bill of Materials, Parts Lists, and Balloons
· Lesson: Part References
· Lesson: Bill of Materials
· Lesson: Inserting Parts Lists
· Lesson: Ballooning Parts
Chapter 10: Design Calculations
· Lesson: Design Calculations
Chapter 11: Leveraging Your Existing Data
· Lesson: DWG Files
· Lesson: IGES Files
· Lesson: Model Documentation
Chapter 12: Mechanical Options for the CAD Manager
· Lesson: Standards-Based Design
· Lesson: Configure Layer, Text, and Object Properties
· Lesson: Configure the Annotation Tools
· Lesson: Configure Component Properties, BOMs, Parts Lists, and Balloons
Job roles this course will prepare you for
The AutoCAD Mechanical training course teaches students about the indispensable core topics required to use the AutoCAD® Mechanical software. Through a hands-on, practice-intensive curriculum, students acquire the knowledge needed to accelerate the mechanical design process.
About Al Moalem Institute
Al Moalem Institute has been established in 1992 by its founder Aqeel Al A’Ali. For the last two decades, it positions itself as “one of the Middle East region’s leading training provider”. It’s our mission to help individuals and corporate clients to achieve their career goals and influence their organization’s success.
Our Internationally affiliated partners provide comprehensive education, certification and qualifications, enhancing careers of professionals and future professionals and ultimately, achieving better results for the organization they serve.
We are dedicated in offering high-quality training programs to each individual or organization as we put emphasis to each training we conduct which is designed to maximize benefits, provide cost-effective and customer-focused solutions. All projects we undertake are handled with extensive expertise and experience to strategy development, to program implementation, and finally, real gains and delivering results.
Our team is composed of competent professionals who particularly aim to deliver high-quality training. Most of our clients are top companies belonging from the private and government organizations.
The prominent vocational training reference and provider for career advancement and professional development in nationally and regionally.
Committed in providing quality and excellent training services, management advisory and be a pacesetter in providing advanced and modern strategies in training delivery and management by providing best resources and specialized and internationally recognized trainers.
- Customer Satisfaction
- Passion for Excellence
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Continuous Improvement
- Organization and implementation of courses and specialized training programs and professional.
- Design programs and workshops, especially depending on the nature and working environment of customers.
- Implementation of training and collaboration with other international organizations.
- Organize forums, conferences and cultural events.
- Identification and analysis of training needs.
- Design and engineering standard and program excellence for organizations.
- Training and guidance of job seekers in preparation for the Arab market.
- Assess and conduct career orientation and vocational guidance.
- Management consulting, financial and design of functional organizational structure.
Areas of Expertise
- Human Resource Management
- Management and Leadership
- Finance and Accounting
- Business Excellence and Quality management Systems
- Information and Communication Technology
- CAD, Primavera and Staad Pro Training
- Occupational Safety and Health
- General and Business English Language
- 25 Years of excellence provision of human resource development
- First Institute certified with ISO 9001 Quality Management System in the Kingdom of Bahrain
- Granted by Tamkeen to provide the biggest arabic leadership training programme
- Awarded an Excellence Performance for Quality Assessment by the Ministry of Labour