Course detailsAutism and it is estimated to affect one in every hundred people in the UK, although in the US their current estimate is one in every sixty-eight people. Autism is a neurological condition which means that the Autistic Brain is organised in a different way. There is no cure, and it affects the way someone with Autism sees, perceives and processes the world around them. The impact of Autism is individual - every person with the condition will have a different set of symptoms and difficulties. However, common to all with Autism are poorer social skills affecting how they communicate and interact with others.
Autism is a Spectrum Disorder, meaning that every child with the condition is likely to present with different symptoms, different challenges, and a differing level of severity
Certain disabilities increase the risk of also being diagnosed with Autism.
Once an Autism Diagnosis is made, there are several other neurological conditions which may also be present. To be diagnosed with Autism, a person must meet The Triad of Impairment criteria, and be seen to have difficulties with all three of the following - communication, imagination and interaction. The rates of Autism Diagnoses has risen very steeply in recent decade, leading many to believe that there is an epidemic. The more likely reason for this increase is due to better diagnostic criteria and better awareness of the condition.
- Module 1 - What is Autism?
- Module 2 - The Triad of Impairments
- Module 3 - Common Symptoms of Autism
- Module 4 - Diagnosing Autism
- Module 5 - Gender Differences
- Module 6 - Autism Treatments, Therapies, Interventions & Strategies
- Module 7 - Making Reasonable Adjustments
- Module 8 - Autism in Adults
- Module 9 - Inclusion
About Centre of Excellence
Where E-Learning Becomes Life-Changing!
Centre of Excellence is recognised worldwide as one of the leading online training providers, with hundreds of thousands of learners having gained vital skills and qualifications online via our Centre.
Our aim is to help you to achieve excellence in every area of your life via quality distance learning training courses. Whether you're looking to learn a new skill, to gain a qualification for a new career or to start a new business, Centre of Excellence can help you to achieve your goals and get to where you want to be.
- All of our courses come with full support from our dedicated team of tutors in your chosen subject field always on hand to help you complete your studies with us.
- We provide a state-of-the-art online learning platform where you can access your course materials 24/7 across any device.
- Whether you decide to study from home, from work or from wherever you choose, there are no deadlines for completing your work so you can study in your own time at your own pace.
- With over 1000 different flexible courses to choose from, we’re sure you’ll find something to fulfill your needs