- Fees / Price TBA
- Duration 3 Days
- Locations Masaken Sheraton
PLEASE NOTE: This course is also available as an Instructor Led Online Course, Authoring Rules in IBM WebSphere Operational Decision Management V7.5 (Remote) (VB325GB). Please note this option does not require any travel.
This instructor-led course introduces business users to IBM WebSphere Operational Decision Management V7.5. In this course, you learn the concepts and skills that you need to author, update, and maintain business rules with WebSphere Operational Decision Management. Through instructor-led presentations and hands-on lab exercises, you learn about the core features of WebSphere Decision Center, which is the primary working environment for business users.
After an overview of Operational Decision Management and the underlying technical features that support rule authoring, the course provides an in-depth look at rule authoring in Decision Center. A realistic case study is used throughout the course to demonstrate how to transform business policies into formal rules. You closely examine the business case study and its underlying business object model (BOM) to understand how the BOM is reflected in the rule editors. The exercises prepare you for the type of questions and issues that can arise while authoring and maintaining complex and evolving business decisions.
In addition, the course covers Decision Center management features, such as queries, analysis, and reporting. You also work with tests and simulations to validate rule behavior.
Note: Decision Center is used as the primary authoring tool throughout this course. However, skills that are mastered in this course are easily transferable to authoring rules in Rule Designer.
The lab environment for this course uses the Windows platform.
This intermediate course is designed for policy managers and rule authors.
- Course introduction
- Introducing IBM WebSphere Operational Decision Management V7.5
- Operational Decision Management: Business rules
- Exercise: Operational Decision Management in action
- Foundations of rule authoring
- Introducing rule authoring
- Getting comfortable with Decision Center
- Exercise: Exploring Decision Center
- Exercise: Understanding the case study
- Working with conditions in rules
- Exercise: Working with conditions in rules
- Working with definitions in rules
- Exercise: Working with definitions in rules
- Writing complete rules
- Exercise: Writing complete rules
- Authoring decision tables and trees
- Exercise: Authoring decision tables and trees
- Exercise: Authoring rules: Putting it all together
- Reviewing rules
- Exercise: Reviewing rules
- Running tests and simulations
- Exercise: Running tests and simulations
- Course summary
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses