To be an effective risk manager, you need to develop the skills that are vital to effectively controlling, assessing, and financing risk. The Institutes’ Associate in Risk Management program helps you enhance your risk management skills by teaching you how to build and implement a balanced risk financing strategy using retention, transfer, and hybrids.
ARM 54 – Risk Management Principles and Practices
- Enhance your contribution to your organization’s value by learning to design a risk management program for hazard, operational, financial, and strategic risks
- Increase your effectiveness by applying risk identification, risk analysis, and risk treatment techniques
- Improve your ability to quantify risk through application of statistical analysis techniques
- Make better financial decisions by applying cash flow analysis to hazard and financial risks
ARM 55 – Risk Assessment and Treatment
- Enhance your contribution to your organization’s value by learning to assess and treat its risks, including supply chain risk, cyber risk, social media risk, climate change risk, reputation risk, and regulatory risk
- Improve organizational safety by applying traditional accident analysis and system safety analysis techniques
- Increase your productivity by applying root cause analysis to your organization’s production and process risks
- Prepare your organization to withstand disruptive events through business continuity management
ARM 56 – Risk Financing
- Support your organization’s overall financial goals by learning to design and implement retention, transfer, and hybrid risk financing techniques
- Estimate losses arising from hazard risk by applying loss forecasting techniques
- Design alternative risk transfer (ART) programs for hazard risk, including self-insurance and captive insuranceIncrease your organization’s financial flexibility by transferring financial and hazard risk to the capital markets
ERM 57 – Enterprise-Wide Risk Management: Developing and Implementing
- Prepare your organization to meet rating agency requirements by using practical tools that help initiate and implement a strategic ERM program.
- Empower your organization to make better-informed business decisions and optimize its risk management by aligning ERM with strategic goals.
- Position your ERM program for success by learning how to coach risk owners regarding implementation responsibility and process.
- Communicate and consult more effectively with critical stakeholders by sharing internationally recognized ERM guidelines.
Passing the required the required courses below earns a diploma and the Associate in Risk Management designation from The Institutes. Passing the Enterprise-Wide Risk Management: Developing and Implementing (ERM 57) course, in addition to the ARM courses listed below, earns the Associate in Risk Management-ERM (ARM-E) designation.
Who is this course for?
This qualification is a must have for risk and insurance managers, and executives with large companies and groups with complex risk exposures in:
- Industry & Manufacture
- Banking and finance
- Petrochemical industry
- Hospitality Construction
- Educational institutes
- Government Agencies
- Transport and logistics
About Gulf Insurance Institute
The We_They is a joint venture set up by leading insurance corporations across the MENA region who share a commitment towards the development of human resources for the insurance and risk management industry. We aim to become the leading professional centre for insurance, financial planning and risk management academia in the Middle East. We provide a qualification framework that is region specific and internationally accredited, and we promote the highest standards of professional conduct in the industry across the Middle East.
Membership is open to all inpiduals pursuing an insurance, risk management or related fincancial services career in the region. GII takes the form of a Bahraini closed joint stock company and it was officially incorporated in in Bahrain and licensed as a Management and Business Training Institute by the Directorate of Training Institutes Affairs.See all Gulf Insurance Institute courses