- Duration: 3 Days
This programme is designed for bank personnel involved in the Asset & Liability Management (ALM) Process. Through the use of an Asset & Liability Management simulation programme, this training programme is an intensive and practical learning experience. In combination with the classical training approach covering key areas of theory, actual and best-practice issues are discussed and explored in a very interactive environment. The training programme provides participants with a comprehensive understanding and overview of the Asset & Liability Management (ALM) function and processes within a full-services bank.
- Have a solid understanding of the Asset & Liability Management (ALM) process
- Recognise and understand how the ALM concepts affect day-to-day decision-making in a bank
- Better identify and analyse a bank’s exposure to the Key Sources of Financial Risk
- Be able to identify the various strategies and frameworks that banks employ in order to control risks within specified limits
- Better interpret the Balance Sheet of a bank as well as being able to identify the key drivers of performance
- Be able to function more effectively, directly or indirectly, as part of the ALM process in their bank
- Members of ALCO in a bank
- Personnel that form part of the ALM support function in a bank
- Treasurers and personnel from Treasury
- Chief Financial Officers and personnel from Finance
- Internal audit
- Compliance personnel
- Central Bankers
Those interested in attending this course should have a foundational understanding of Asset Liability Management. Ideally, they will have taken the Asset Liability Management and the Fixed Income courses offered by BIBF.
About Bahrain Institute for Banking & Finance
We_They plays a vital role in the training and development of human capital in the Kingdom of Bahrain. Our commitment to excellence has strengthened our position as the top provider of quality education across all major business disciplines. We serve as a partner to numerous world-class institutions; delivering thought leadership, research and advisory, assessment and training in the areas of Accounting and Finance, Academic, Executive Development, Banking, Leadership and Management, Insurance, Islamic Finance and Information Technology; resulting in a complete business solution.
We_They covers a wide spectrum of subject matter, with over 300 different courses offered to the financial and corporate market; tailor-made training solutions based on organisational requirements; specialised programmes taught by leading market specialists; and professional qualifications and degree programmes in partnership with major international organisations.
We_They continues to exceed global benchmarks for many of the qualifications it offers with its affiliates.
Since its inception in 1981, We_They has grown from training 450 applicants a year primarily within the banking industry, to 20,000 drawing participants from all sectors of the economy, and are proud to have qualified over 200,000 learners in the last 3 decades.
Our faculty comprise of market practitioners, academics and qualified senior industry professionals. Their perse backgrounds ensure an enriched participant experience, striking the perfect balance between theory and practice.
We_They has made its mark internationally with clients in Asia, Africa, Europe, USA and the Middle East, well on its way to becoming the global institute of choice.See all Bahrain Institute for Banking & Finance courses