- Fees / Price OMR 175
- Duration 36 hours (6 Weeks)
- Timings Part Time, 6:30pm to 8:30pm
- Locations muscat, amideast
What will I learn?
- Distinguish and pronounce all Arabic sounds and write accurately from dictation
- Initiate social interactions, ask for basic information and learn basic cultural aspects of social interaction in the Arab world (i.e. norms and taboos)
- Be able to talk about yourself with native Arabic speakers in Modern Standard Arabic (MSA) and Omani Colloquial (local Omani dialect)
- Read, comprehend and use learned vocabulary from simple questions, standardized phrases, greetings and expressions
- Be able to read and understand schedules, timetables, maps and signs
Level 2A will expand upon these skills and use practical themes such as Arabic for the Workplace and Basic Conversation to continue the Arabic language development.
Classes are taught by a skilled Omani instructor, Arabic native speaker, holding a MA and CELTA and with experience teaching Arabic in USA.
Who is this course for?
The Foundation course is for anyone with very little to no experience with Arabic language. The next Level 2A is for those with some experience with Arabic (must pass a placement test) or those who completed the Foundation level and wish to continue developing their Arabic skills. Both levels are open to those interested in Arabic for business, getting around Oman, or just for fun.
How will I benefit from taking this course?
Many Arabic language students work in diverse companies and environments where Arabic could help with communication, understanding and building relationships with coworkers from Oman and other Arabic-speaking nations. Other students enjoy using Arabic while traveling in Oman, going to the store, or conversing with local friends.
- Foundation Level: No requirements
- Level 2A: Either 1. Pass the Foundation Level Course or 2. Enter via Placement Test
Testimonial of former student:
‘The class was fantastic and adult-learner friendly. The teacher created a good learning environment. Even after a day of work I really looked forward to class and did not want it to end!’ – Claus, British expat
‘The class was comprehensive and developed the skills I needed to converse with my Omani work colleagues. I have a much better work relationship now that I can communicate in Arabic and English.’ – Mohammed, Indian expat
Since opening its doors in June 2008, AMIDEAST’s Oman office has reached thousands of individuals and dozens of public and private sector organizations through English language courses, professional training, entrepreneurship workshops and mentoring, scholarship opportunities in the U.S. and elsewhere, management consulting and coaching, internationally recognized test administration, and educational advising and placement services. As the first international non-governmental organization in Oman, AMIDEAST provides high-quality services that expand opportunities for personal and professional advancement and that contribute to the development of the Sultanate.See all AMIDEAST Oman courses