The Applying Project Controls course is essentially for project engineering and project service professionals who require working knowledge of this area in order to supportsuccessful project delivery. This module could also appeal to finance professionals concerned with project controls in a broader context.
This is a generic introductory level course designed around the competence profile of a typical project services engineer, but is equally suitable for project engineers with limited project services experience. Entry onto this module requires a minimum of between 2-5 years’ work experience in a relevant technical function.
To determine whether this module meets your development needs, please compare
your current job competence profile with the following broad-based competences: Scope interpretation, risk-based schedule development, resource planningand cost estimates
- Monitoring and reporting on schedules, resource plans and costs
- Monitoring and reporting on project changes with respect to schedules, resources and costs
- Monitoring project performance and communicating information and data
- Contributing to decisions that positively influence schedules, resources and costs to achieve or improve project outcomes
What You Will Learn
The objective of Applying Project Controls course is to allow for the interpretation and application of scopes, schedules, costs, quality and information (documents and data) that contribute to the effective management of all phases and facets of a project. This cpurse recognises the integrated and risk-based nature of projects and therefore addresses performance criteria, as well as effective trend and status reporting for use by project management teams
Furthermore, this module will equip you with the knowledge and capabilities necessary to make meaningful contributions to controlling, monitoring and reporting on project performance. Upon completion you will recognise the strengths and weaknesses of relevant techniques and tools for project performance monitoring and be able to prepare schedules, resource plans, cost estimates and forecasts. Moreover, you will do so with an awareness of project environments in which uncertainty and risk abound.
On completion of this course you should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of key project drivers
- Interpret project scopes, breakdown structures and framework controls
- Recognise the fundamental measures required for the preparation of schedules, resource plans and cost estimates
- Apply techniques to validate the accuracy of schedules and estimates
- Effectively control the change process on a project
- Properly analyse project performance in order to forecast and recommend responses for performance improvement
We_They, which means Excellence in Arabic, is a successful partnership between Qatar Shell, Qatar Petroleum, and Hamad Bin Khalifa University.
The unparalleled capital investment programme currently underway in Qatar brings with it various challenges, many of which can only be overcome through greater efficiency and sharpened project management skills. TAFAWOQ was initiated to answer this needSee all Tawafoq courses