The AIS programme consists of a suite of short in-class courses that are designed to deliver applied intermediate knowledge in various classes of insurance and functional areas of the industry.
BOTTOM LINE BENEFITS
At the end of each course certificate holders should be able to:
- Advise customers on the application and suitability of the insurance products being offered.
- Explain the main features of the insurance product together with the common conditions and exclusions to cover.
- Recognize risk factors and situations relative to the class of insurance
- Initiate claims handling procedures and advise claimants on their duties under the policy
- Apply their knowledge to common cases and requests that they deal with on the job.
These courses are recommended for
- Customer servicing staff working with insurance companies, branches and brokers,
- Insurance sales representatives
- Staff with non-insurance organisations who provide or handle insurance as part of their ancillary business such as hospitals, banks, travel agencies, motor trade etc
- Staff who work in risk management and insurance purchasing departments of commerce and industry
- GII Certificate of Completion (only awarded to participants who pass the examination)
- One credit towards designated inpidual membership of GII (AGII or FGII).
- Certificate holders may also be entitled to prior learning credits from the Chartered Insurance Institute. Check with GII registrar’s office for further details.
Twenty five hours of structured classroom learning with tutor interaction, courseware, quizzes and case studies. Trainees should complete a further 50 hours of private study before attempting the examination.
Two hour paper consisting of 75 or 100 Multiple Choice Questions. 70% pass mark
FOUNDATION IN INSURANCE (ICIP)
- Unit 1: Packaged and Combined Policies for Businesses
- Unit 2: Property Coverage
- Unit 3: Liability Coverage
- Unit 4: Loss of Profits
- Unit 5: Machinery Breakdown
- Unit 6: Employee Benefits
PRIVATE HEALTH INSURANCE (ACHI)
- Unit 1: The Health Insurance Market
- Unit 2: Scope of Private Medical Insurance Cover
- Unit 3: Health Insurance Documentation
- Unit 4: Risk Assessment and Underwriting
- Unit 5: Claims Verification and Processing
- Unit 6: Regulation and Consumer protection
MOTOR INSURANCE (ACMT)
- Unit 1: The Motor Insurance Market in the GCC
- Unit 2: Scope of Cover Provided
- Unit 3: Underwriting and Risk Assessment
- Unit 4: Documentation and Renewal Procedures
- Unit 5: Claims Handling
- Unit 6: Use of information Technology
PERSONAL LINES INSURANCE PRODUCTS (ACPL)
- Unit 1: The Personal Insurance Customer
- Unit 2: Household Insurance
- Unit 3: Travel Insurance
- Unit 4: Private Medical Insurance
- Unit 5: Other Miscellaneous Personal Insurances
- Unit 6: Marketing and Distribution
INSURANCE SALES & MARKETING (ACSM)
- Unit 1: Application of Marketing Theory to Insurance
- Unit 2: Insurance Distribution Systems and Strategies
- Unit 3: Customer Relationship Management
- Unit 4: Ethics and Code of Conduct
- Unit 5: The Sales Strategy and Processes
The We_They is a joint venture set up by leading insurance corporations across the MENA region who share a commitment towards the development of human resources for the insurance and risk management industry. We aim to become the leading professional centre for insurance, financial planning and risk management academia in the Middle East. We provide a qualification framework that is region specific and internationally accredited, and we promote the highest standards of professional conduct in the industry across the Middle East.
Membership is open to all inpiduals pursuing an insurance, risk management or related fincancial services career in the region. GII takes the form of a Bahraini closed joint stock company and it was officially incorporated in in Bahrain and licensed as a Management and Business Training Institute by the Directorate of Training Institutes Affairs.See all Gulf Insurance Institute courses