- Locations: Villa 346-A, North 90 St, Intersection of Fatma Elzahraa St. Fifth settlement, New Cairo
- Duration: 1 Day
This course will provide applications-oriented administrators with the knowledge and skills to virtualize Windows applications with VMware® ThinApp™, modify the Package.ini parameters to handle special circumstances, and choose the best deployment and updating processes for their environment.
System administrators, application administrators, and solutions architects who need the knowledge and skills necessary for the successful deployment of virtualized applications.
At the end of the course, you should understand the operation of ThinApp and be able to:
- Describe the major components of the ThinApp architecture
- Modify Package.ini parameters to increase the variety and complexity of applications that can be virtualized
- Use Application Link to dynamically link application components like Microsoft .NET to multiple applications
- Use Application Sync to update applications deployed from servers/li>
- Troubleshoot problems with ThinApp packages
Module 1: Course Introduction
Module 2: VMware ThinApp Architecture
- Architecture that supports a virtualized application
- Relationships between the ThinApp runtime, the virtual file system, and the virtual registry
Module 3: Packaging Applications
- Capturing and virtualizing an application
Module 4: Modifying Package.ini Parameters
- Entry points, access control, and isolation parameters
- The sandbox folder and the sbmerge.exe utility
Module 5: Building Applications with Application Link
- Application Link features
- Application Link parameters in the Package.ini file
Module 6: Deploying and Updating Applications
- EXE files versus MSI files for local application deployment
- Streaming applications from servers
- Using the versioning model to update applications
- Using Application Sync to update applications
Module 7: Performance and Troubleshooting
- Performance considerations
- Troubleshooting ThinApp packages
EquiTrain –a pision of Equinox International- equips organizations with IT skills that are the lifeblood of modern corporate life, as Theyll as the professional expertise required for ensuring productivity and to remain competitive now and tomorrow.
At EquiTrain, They tailor end-to-end training solutions that incorporate both IT and business consultancy to the specific needs of each inpidual customer. They can equip yTheir IT professionals with all they need to quickly maximize yTheir new technology investments as Theyll as pushing forward absolute beginners on their road to IT proficiency.
They offer a broad range of IT and Management training cTheirses and certifications from top technology vendors with a choice of on-site or offsite, public or closed and local or abroad training. Their portfolio of cTheirses is supplemented by Their strategic training alliance with world's leading providers of learning solutions.See all Equitrain courses