This course enables you to perform everyday tasks using the AIX operating system. Learn to performeveryday tasks using the AIX operating system.There is also an instructor-led online version of this course: AIX 6 Basics - Instructor-led Online (AX100).If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, pleasereview the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page,as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for thiscourse.
This basic course is intended for anyone who requires basic AIX/UNIX user skills to be able to work in an AIXenvironment.This course is also a prerequisite for many courses in the AIX Systems Administration curriculum.
- Log in to an AIX system and set a user password
- Use AIX online documentation
- Manage AIX files and directories
- Describe the purpose of the shell
- Use the vi editor
- Execute common AIX commands and manage AIX processes
- Customize the working environment
- Use common AIX utilities
- Write simple shell scripts
- Use the AIXWindows Environment
- Use the Common Desktop Environment
You should be familiar with:
- basic information technology (IT) concepts and the role of an operating system
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses