The aircraft servicing and ground handling basics you need to start a career on the ramp.
Ramp handling services ensure the efficient turnaround of aircraft so that flights stay on schedule. This course offers an introduction to ramp services as well as the ground handling standards and safety requirements you need to know to work safely on the ramp.
Whether you are new to the industry or a recent recruit, this course provides a solid foundation for further professional development in the field of ground operations.
This course gives you an understanding of:
- The ground operations working environment
- Standard ramp operations terminology
- The departments of an airport and how they work together
- Basic safety and security for efficient operations
- Procedures for key aircraft ground servicing tasks
- IATA Airport Handling Manual and IATA Ground Operations Manual standards
- Introduction to the airside environment and airport ramp services
- Aircraft characteristics and turnaround plan
- Cleaning, catering and other services
- Ground service equipment
- Standard operating procedures
- Airside safety
- Ramp security awareness
- Future developments in the sector of ramp services
About Syscoms College
Who We Are
SYSCOMS, started as Syscoms Information Technology Institute in 1990 in Abu Dhabi, has developed and grown into a renowned training institute with branches in Al Ain and Dubai in the United Arab Emirates as well as having its presence in Doha, Qatar. It was created to meet the increasing demand for continuing education institutions in the region that would provide quality services and recognized courses which would be accepted locally and internationally. It is an educational establishment of a renowned organization in the Gulf region, LULU Group International which is famous for its popular chain of hypermarkets, supermarkets, departmental stores and shopping malls.
What We Do
SYSCOMS offers a number of short diploma courses in continuing education field that will give the students a strong background and up-to-date knowledge of their selected course. Moreover, on completion of the program they can immediately find employment at entry-level and other positions.
We constantly assist our students by organizing free seminars on different topics to groom their overall personalities.
Aviation Management Related Questions
Unanswered //Sep 20, 2017 Aviation Management, Aviation