- Price TBC
- Duration 18 Months
- Timings TBC
- Location Fujairah
The GCAA Frozen Airline Transport Pilots Licence course provides training for students with no flying experience to meet the level of proficiency required to operate single-engine, multi-engine aeroplanes and to obtain the frozen Airline Transport Pilot Licence (ATPL).Holders of this licence are then eligible for employment as pilots and following appropriate experience and additional flight time they may upgrade their licence to a Full GCAA ATPL. The Academy has a dedicated aircraft fleet of Diamond DA40 and DA42 aircraft and these are used for the entire single-engine programme of 125 hours. This comprises 75 hours of basic handling and navigation training followed by 50 hours of night and instrument training. All of the DA 40’s are equipped to full IFR (Instrument flight rules) capability and boast the latest Garmin 1000 “glass” cockpit. The DA42 Twin star is used for the final 20 hours of flight training which includes conversion to multi-engine and then instrument route flying. The DA42 is also full IFR and has the same Garmin 1000 system fitted ensuring continuity for the students throughout all stages of flights training.
The integrated course theory syllabus is taught over a total of 30 weeks with the following breakdown:-
- Radio Navigation
- Air Law
- Principles of Flight
- General Navigation
- VFR/IFR Communications
- Operational Procedures
- Flight Planning
- Mass and Balance Performance
- Human Performance and Limitations
- Theoretical Knowledge Instruction - 840 hours Ground School
- VFR Flight Training - 125 hours DA40 single engine
- IFR Flight Training - 20 hours DA42 multi engine
- Synthetic Flight Training - 40 hours FNPT II
- High school or equivalent as a minimum education
- Good command of the English language
- Minimum age 17 years to enrol for the course and 18 years to obtain a licence
- Class I Medical certificate by a UAE GCAA physician
- All student required by law to get Security clearance prior to commencing flight training in the U.A.E (Fujairah Aviation Academy will apply for your security clearance when all your documents with course application fee received .)
- Personal interview with the Fujairah Aviation Academy enrolment committee
Fujairah Aviation Academy formerly known as Fujairah Aviation Centre was originally founded in 1986 under the patronage of His Highness Sheikh Saleh Mohammed Hamad Al Sharqi. As one of the school’s first students and still a keen pilot himself, Sheik Saleh continues to promote and support interest and knowledge of the Aviation Industry to aspiring pilots.
Fujairah itself enjoys an outstanding climate coupled with its own airport facilities, allowing unequalled access and operational conditions for flight training. Over the first twenty years Fujairah has provided professional aviation education for students requiring the Private Pilots License and the Commercial Pilots License. With the emergence of the United Arab Emirates as a world class business centre bringing innovation, expertise and technology to the region, we enter into our third decade being proud to introduce an Academy of Aviation Excellence in the form of the first dedicated Airline Transport Pilots License School in the Middle East.
All of the Fujairah Aviation Academy’s (FAA) courses are approved by the UAE GCAA, and upon successful completion, result in the issue of a UAE licence. The UAE is a member of International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO). Licences issued by the UAE are convertible to the licences of other ICAO states, subject to their civil aviation regulations.