An all-encompassing course for newcomers to the field of load control.
Learn the theories and principles of weight and balance as per the standard Airline Industry Design Manual and Automated Load Sheet. This course prepares you for the Load Controller certification.
Recommended level: Professional and Management
Prerequisites: Participants should be knowledgeable in airport layouts,operations and facilities
Should have Completed Weight & Balance Standard Level Course.
What you will learn
- Understand the basic principles of flight related to aircraft weight and balance
- Become familiar with terms used in the field
- Understand and identify the various weights used in the compilation of a load-sheet
- Construct indexes and understand their use
- Become familiar with the design of trim charts
- Review the standard IATA manual load-sheet and drop line trim chart and the IATA standard electronic data processed load-sheet
- Basic theory of flight
- Aircraft weights
- Basic aircraft weight
- Aircraft operating weight
- Aircraft structural and limiting weights
- Theory of balance
- Balance theory applied to aircraft
- Load-sheet compilation
- Drop line trim chart and its function
- The manual load/trim sheet and the standard IATA EDP Load/trim sheet
Who should attend
- Airline and ground service provider staff working in operations
- Airline staff working at an airport
- Ground handling agents & supervisors
- Future load controllers
- Ramp and loading supervisors
About Syscoms CollegeWho We Are
SYSCOMS, started as Syscoms Information Technology Institute in 1990 in Abu Dhabi, has developed and grown into a renowned training institute with branches in Al Ain and Dubai in the United Arab Emirates as well as having its presence in Doha, Qatar. It was created to meet the increasing demand for continuing education institutions in the region that would provide quality services and recognized courses which would be accepted locally and internationally. It is an educational establishment of a renowned organization in the Gulf region, LULU Group International which is famous for its popular chain of hypermarkets, supermarkets, departmental stores and shopping malls.
What We Do
SYSCOMS offers a number of short diploma courses in continuing education field that will give the students a strong background and up-to-date knowledge of their selected course. Moreover, on completion of the program they can immediately find employment at entry-level and other positions.
We constantly assist our students by organizing free seminars on different topics to groom their overall personalities. See all Syscoms College courses