- Locations: Somerset West Bay Doha
- Duration: 5 Days
This single-unit qualification is ideal for those outside the UK and starting their careers in the insurance sector. The unit (W01) Award in General Insurance helps develop a basic understanding of insurance principles, procedures and products.
Those wishing to further their studies and achieve the Certificate in Insurance can use The Award in General Insurance as an alternative to the Certificate in Insurance unit (IF1) Insurance legal and regulatory to meet the compulsory unit requirements for the Certificate in Insurance. Please note: due to the amount of syllabus overlap, candidates passing both IF1 and the Award will only be awarded one set of credits.
Upon completion, CII members are eligible to use the designation 'CII (Award)'. (Continuing Professional Development requirements apply.)
At the end of this unit, you should be able to demonstrate your knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- basic principles of insurance;
- main legal principles related to insurance contracts;
- main regulatory principles related to insurance business;
- key elements to protect consumers;
- Key aspects of ethics, corporate governance and internal controls.
- The course is conducted using a combination of lectures, discussions and practical workshop session
- Examination Information (Apr/Oct)
- The method of assessment for the W01 examination is 100 multiple choice questions (MCQs). 2 hours are allowed for this examination.
- Candidates should refer to the CII update website www.cii.co.uk/updates for the latest information on changes to law and practice and when they will be examined.
- A multiple choice question consists of a problem followed by four options, labelled A, B, C and D, from which the candidate is asked to choose the correct response. Each question will contain only one correct response to the problem posed.
About Qatar Finance & Business Academy
Qatar has taken significant steps towards creating a modern, knowledge-based economy, as the basis for a stable and sustainable future.
In order to live up to this revelation, We_They was established in 2009 under the auspices of Qatar Financial Centre Authority - QFCA to raise the financial services industry standards and help organizations and professionals achieve their learning and business objectives, thus aligned with Qatar 2030 vision.
We specialize in providing training and developing the financial sector. We believe that such an investment is a key strategy to support a modern, industrialized, knowledge-based economy.See all Qatar Finance & Business Academy courses