- Locations: Al Maadi Cairo Governorate Egypt
- Duration: 40 Hours
In this course the students will learn the more advanced programming skills and techniques that they can use to optimize their Windows Store app and differentiate their app from other apps in the Windows Store. These advanced skills and techniques include a combination of both design and development skills. The students will also learn about supporting the apps that they have published to the Windows Store.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Add animations and transitions in a Windows Store app to improve the user experience.
- Localize the Windows Store app UI.
- Brand the Windows Store app and improve the loading experience with a splash screen.
- Use various storage mechanisms, choose a suitable caching strategy for their Windows Store app, and use advanced file access methods.
- Create custom controls, extend templated controls, and create and consume WinMD components.
- Implement the Print and Settings contracts and the Play To API.
- Work with the Push Notification Service (WNS).
- Capture media with the camera and microphone.
- Create and consume background tasks.
- Discover device capabilities, interact with devices, and act upon sensor data.
- Implement Windows Store trial licensing and in-app purchasing and advertising.
- Understand how to manage Windows authentication and web authentication in Windows Store apps.
- Diagnose problems and monitor application behavior using tracing and profiling tools and APIs
- Module 1: Windows Store Apps EssentialsThis module provides a review of the essential Windows Store app features.Lessons
- Module 2: Implementing Animations and TransitionsThis module explains how to add animations and transitions to improve the user experience using the VisualStateManager and control templates.Lessons
- Module 3: Implementing Globalization and LocalizationThis module explains how to localize Windows Store app user interface.Lessons
- Module 4: Branding and a Seamless User InterfaceThis module explains how to brand Windows Store app and improve the loading experience with a splash screen.Lessons
- Module 5: Advanced Data Scenarios in a Windows Store AppThis module explains how to use various storage mechanisms, choose a suitable caching strategy for an app, and use advanced file access methods.Lessons
- Module 6: Creating Reusable Controls and Components
- Module 7: Implementing Advanced Contract ScenariosThis module explains how to implement the Print and Settings contracts and the Play To API.Lessons
- Module 8: The Windows Push Notification Service (WNS)This module explains how to work with the Push Notification Service (WNS).Lessons
- Module 9: Capturing MediaThis module explains how to capture media with the camera and microphone.Lessons
- Module 10: Background TasksThis module explains how to create and consume background tasks.Lessons
- Module 11: Working with Sensors and DevicesThis module explains how to discover device capabilities, interact with devices, and act upon sensor data.Lessons
- Module 12: Generating Revenue with your AppThis module explains how to generate revenue with Windows Store apps using trial licensing and in-app purchasing and advertising.Lessons
- Module 13: Securing Windows Store App DataThis module explains how to manage Windows authentication and web authentication in Windows 8 apps.Lessons
- Module 14: Tracing and Profiling Windows Store AppsThis module explains how to diagnose problems and monitor application behavior using tracing and profiling tools and APIs.Lessons
About New Horizons Egypt
Founded and headquartered in Anaheim, California, New Horizons Learning Centers was named the world's largest independent training company by IDC.
The Company is both an operator and franchisor of training centers that offer a broad range of Technical Training, Desktop Application, Business Skills and English Language courses for all levels of users in multiple delivery methods and formats.
New Horizons provides approximately three million student days of instruction annually with location around the globe.
New Horizons sets the pace of innovative training programs that meet the changing needs of the industry. With 2400 qualified instructors in over 2100 classrooms at 300 centers in 60 counters around the world.
New Horizons offers more courses, at more times, in more delivery methods than any other training company.See all New Horizons Egypt courses