- Fees / Price TBA
- Duration 4 Days
- Locations Masaken Sheraton
Develop the skills to use kernel traces, trace based utilities, and svmon to measure and analyze CPU, memory, and I/O performance issues on IBM systems running AIX. Reinforce each lecture during extensive hands-on lab exercises and get practical experience applicable to their performance management requirements.
This course provides lectures and hands on labs in a face-to-face classroom setting. The course is also offered in a live virtual classroom environment (ILO - Instructor Led Online) with hands-on labs Advanced Tools for AIX Performance Analysis (ILO) (AX520).
The audience for this advanced training include AIX technical support personnel, performance benchmark personnel, and AIX system administrators.
- Use the trace facility to collect data and create a trace report
- Use the kernel trace facilities to analyze CPU performance issues
- Describe causes and impacts of high context switching rates
- Identify what causes a thread to block and what causes a later wake up
- Explain the relationship between the output of svmon -G, svmon-P, and svmon -S
- Calculate the amount of memory in use on the system
- Explain the relationship between svmon, vmstat, and ipcs output
- Categorize the memory in use on the system by segment type
- Identify which processes are using the most memory
- Identify which segments are using the most paging space
- Describe the characteristics of asynchronous I/O, synchronous I/O, direct I/O and concurrent I/O
- Identify if the expected type of I/O is being executed
- Tune asynchronous I/O
You are expected to have extensive AIX skills. These skills can be
obtained by attending the following courses:
- Power Systems for AIX IV: Performance Management (AN510)
- Power Systems for AIX IV: Performance Management (ILO) (AX510)
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses