- Locations: Petro Tech
- Duration: 5 Days
To managers and leaders moving into a significant leadership position, you face the challenge of developing and executing strategies in a dynamic global environment.
You must build a team and manage internal and external resources and relationships so that your organization can enhance your value chain and deliver results. As the leader, you are in charge and need to enhance your personal impact and influence to meet these challenges.
Only a systems wide view of your business and the world in which it operates can help you to become an effective, operational and visionary leader.
The Advanced Strategic Management programme will help you build the skills you need to boost performance in your business today and to prepare your organization to sustain performance in the future.
- Strategic: Keeping your focus on both strategic and operational goals and adjusting to the continual changes in the market.
- Organization: Aligning the organization to fit the new strategy and culture.
- Leadership: Increase your effectiveness as a visionary leader to make a greater impact on the people over time.
- Leading Teams: Increase your ability to effectively build the collaboration necessary to get your strategies approved and people to cooperate.
- How: Case studies, videos, simulations, workshops, inpidual project-work, weekend retreats, group sessions, guest speakers and Faculty coaching will help you to take the classroom back to your office. The first two weeks will deal with thinking strategically about your business and managing your organization to realize your goals. The third and final week will focus on the challenges of execution.
Executives and high level managers taking on additional strategic leadership responsibilities, who are looking to sharpen their analytical skills and strategic leadership effectiveness. Middle managers contributing to the strategies and execution of an organization.
The process utilizes all aspects of learning and development including media slides, case studies, video examples, articles from high level business universities and interactivity among delegates. Workbooks are used to focus on many of the challenges you face, such as customer analysis, stakeholder analysis, strategy and leading change. They serve as tools to help translate your learning into concrete plans and actions, as well as to engage your organization and team back at the office.
- Prepare to boost performance at inpidual, team and business-unit levels
- Ensure that your organization is keeping ahead in a constantly changing business environment
- Enhance your personal impact on strategies and change
- Provide a clear view of the changes and challenges of the global economy
- Enhance your capability to make the right decisions regarding budget and resources
- A better understanding of the complexities of choosing the right strategies and changes for the organization
- Develop your ability as an influential leader and build a stronger, committed leadership team
- Develop and broaden your perspectives, challenge and stretch your thinking
- Understand and keep ahead of the pace of change
- Focus both on building your own capabilities and those of your organization
The Core Competencies
- Systems and Strategic Thinking as applied to making better long term decisions
- Leading from the top, to build a success leadership team
- Build Strategic Planning Criteria, to organize a successful planning team
- Understanding the markets, to gain the insight needed to make better strategic decisions
- Competitive analysis, to benchmark your performance
The Programme Content
- Strategic Management - a new focus
- The Role of strategic management
- The functions and capabilities of a strategic manager
- The Strategy Hierarchy
- Global Changes and Challenges
- Case Studies on Strategies
- The Benefits of Strategic Management
The Strategic Process
- The Strategic Process
- Understanding Strategy VS Strategic Planning
- Choosing the right strategies
- The Environmental Scan
- MBC VS SBC Strategies
- Avoiding Strategic Failures
- Examples of Strategic Successes
- Blue Ocean VS Red Ocean Strategies
- Building Value into the Value Chain
- Applying lessons learned to your organization
Strategic Management Skills
- Thinking like a Strategic Manager
- The Leadership Capabilities of Strategic Management
- Self Analysis
- Building your Strategic Skills
- Leading others through the Strategic Process
- Examples of Strategic Leaders
- Your ability to communicate your changes
Managing the Culture & Changes
- The Significance of the Corporate Culture
- The Leaders role in Establishing the Culture
- Merger and Acquisition Strategies
- Why most M & A's fail and how to avoid failure
- The Dynamics of Changing the culture to meet the strategies
- Team Case Study Exercise
- The Ten Elements to building the Culture
- The Dilemma of multi cultural corporations
- Making the changes in strategy work
- Video Case Studies
The Strategic Plan
- Preparing a Plan
- Implementing the Corporate strategies
- Evaluating & Monitoring the strategies
- The Dynamics of Strategic Execution
- Building a Leadership Legacy
- Review Exercise.
The adage that “knowledge” is power holds very true in this industry. In order to maximize results we are constantly updating and upgrading ourselves. This commitment to ongoing skills development is one of the reasons we are success, the belief that there is a “better way to do things” is what motivates us each and every day. By aligning with us you are going to benefit from our years of expertise in real world scenarios. Classroom learning is great but there is no substitute to real world experience which is what we are bringing to the table.
Billionaire investor Warren Buffett said “price is what you pay but quality is what you get” and that expression is very true. With use we understand that your time is very valuable and you only want the best and most current industry related knowledge which is what we bring to the table. Instead of giving you massive amounts of inaccurate or outdated information you get precisely what you want, the most current knowledge so you can make truly informed decisions that will directly impact productivity and your bottom line. When results are what you are looking for then the choice is clear, we are your partners in success.
Technology has revolutionized the way knowledge is disseminated in throughout the world, what use to take months or even years to reach the masses can be done in a few hours ! In order to remain relevant and viable we need to embrace innovations. The challenge with innovation is knowing when to implement it and what type of return you can expect from it. Instead of risking your time and resources we have the answers for you, Since we are at the vanguard of the industry whenever there is a fruitful innovation we will be there providing you with the information needed to make the right decision.
We understand you may have unique need so we provide a tailored made (bespoke for our U.K. friends) approach that will address your questions in the most conducive manner possible. Respect to us means putting your interests, your needs at the forefront of our mind. You will see how genuine we are and that you not just “some customer” you are our partner in success just as much as we are your partner in success. We firmly believe in the “golden rule”, treat others with graciousness, courtesy and respect. Come experience the difference that quality and respect makes and you will truly be amazed.