- Duration 5 Days
- Call +971 4 2753240
- Locations Al Muhaisnah 2, Dubai, U.A.E. Sheikh Mohamed Bin Zayed Road (E311)
Organizations and procurement personnel in the purchasing and searching modes must carefully weigh up what is available and what benefits the organization can gain. The market place offers good prices for bulk purchases and discounts for regular orders depending on the quantity and quality required. The decisions involved take careful planning and research to find the most effective suppliers and maintain the relationship for mutual benefits. This course is designed to help the participants understand how effective use of a purchasing Et supply management systems, can give their organizations the best services and regular supply of what they need and want. The course discusses business to business buying and the selection of preferred suppliers. It features discussion groups to investigate utilization of creative tools and methods to be more effective, efficient and positively reduce costs involved.
- Use cost effective purchasing and supply procedures within the business environment
- Organize and manage effective purchasing and supply systems
- Know how to reduce costs without losing quality
- Select 'Preferred Suppliers'
- Liaising with departmental managers for organizational 'needs' and 'wants'
- Negotiate with vendors and secure the best deal (Win-Win terms)
- Organizational needs and the changing role and technology
- Responsibilities in the role of purchasing and supply
- Supplier expectations
- Review of department functions, methods and systems
- Department turnovers
- Make or buy decisions
- Cost considerations-analysis process
- Cost effective decisions
- Quality Et quantity decisions
- Organization communications Et liaison
- Purchasing and supply planning - Techniques and systems
- Blanket orders
- Bulk buying
- Lead time analysis - Advantages and disadvantages
- Buying and supply agreements
- Tenders - Procedures and bidding
- Service Level Agreements (SLA's)
C Ft F Terms
Purchase and supply management
- Planning methods
- Basic steps
Legal aspects of purchasing
Basics of contract law
Internet purchase and supply
Preferred vendor system
Problems associated with purchasing and supply and suggested remedies
TQM in purchasing and supply chains
- Art ft science
- Negotiation distinct from bidding
- Negotiations strategy
- Win-Win situations
We_They is the largest single-source business and telecom training solutions provider in the Middle East. For 30 years we have been providing training consultancy and human capital development services to telecoms, government agencies, oil & gas companies, financial institutions and organizations across all industries and business sectors.
We provide training and development programs ranging from cutting-edge technology courses in 3G, WiMAX, VoIP or IPTV, to career-changing leadership masterclasses, strategy workshops and business management seminars.
Based in the UAE and operating a 1.2 Million square feet training facility in Dubai, our partner network spans two continents and delivers world class training solutions to customers in over 28 countries in GCC and MENA regions.
We help organisations to:
- Develop effective leaders, managers and team members
- Discover and overcome competency gaps
- Measure and improve performance
- Build teams and improve communication
- Recruit and retain talent
- Build a knowledge culture
- Create an organisation-wide competency framework
- Stay competitive by using cutting-edge technology
Logistics and supply chain Related Questions
I recently completed PG diploma in logistics and supply chain management, i want to know if its n...
Unanswered //Feb 20, 2017 MBA, Logistics & Supply Chain, Logistics and supply chain