- Fees / Price TBA
- Duration 5 Days
- Locations Masaken Sheraton
In this instructor-led course, students build on the skills that were developed in course IBM WebSphere Commerce V7 Foundation (6S220) / (WC700) / (VC700) / (ZC700), and from the pre-requisite course: Programming Essentials for IBM WebSphere Commerce V7 Customization (6T225) / (6L225) / (6T224) / (6L224) / (WC710) / (VC710) or similar experience working with WebSphere Commerce. Discuss further skills and options for customizing many of the key features of IBM WebSphere Commerce V7 as well as new features introduced with the Feature Packs for WebSphere Commerce V7.
In-depth lectures cover the skills and knowledge students need to further customize an IBM WebSphere Commerce V7 site and to evaluate new features that have been introduced that with the Feature Packs. Lecture topics include an summary of the changes and new features from the Feature Packs. For example, search enhancements, the Page Layout Tool, and integration points. From that starting point, students develop and configure storefronts using newer techniques that extend the capabilities covered in the prerequisite course. Students learn more advanced topics regarding Business Object Document command processing and the Data Service Layer. A further in-depth look into Commerce Management Center customization is provided. Additional topics include: REST services, payment processing, add-on tools and further best practices are discussed.
Students are also introduced to many of the new features that are provided in WebSphere Commerce V7. The features include: how to develop for the IBM Management Center with customizations, promotions, Mobile Commerce, and Social Commerce. To complete the experience, students will learn about integrating WebSphere Commerce with other systems in a service-oriented architecture (SOA), including payments and Web services.
Hands-on lab exercises are provided throughout the course to reinforce lecture content. They let students gain practical experience by designing and implementing customized WebSphere Commerce solutions. Students practice their newly developed WebSphere Commerce skills by performing tasks. For example, creating a new Page Layout a customization to Management Center, and deploying Web services.
complete Programming Essentials for WebSphere Commerce V7 (6T225) / (6L225) / (6T224) / (6L224) / (WC710) / (VC710) or have equivalent experience.
possess the following skills:
- Java or Java EE application development skills
- JSP development and deployment skills
- Java servlet development and deployment skills
- JavaServer Pages Standard Tag Library (JSTL) skills
- Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) skills
- SQL skills
- Extensible Markup Language (XML) skills
- Knowledge of Rational Application Developer V7
- A thorough knowledge of IBM WebSphere Commerce V7 architecture, business models, data models, tools, and functionality as provided in course WebSphere Commerce V7 Foundation (WC700) / (VC700) / (ZC700), or a strong knowledge of WebSphere Commerce V6
- Course introduction
- Unit 1. WebSphere Commerce V7 Architecture - Advanced
- Unit 2. HTML5, Page Layout, Programming model, Dojo, mobile widgets, advanced Dojo Widgets
- Exercise 1. Customizing a store front with page layout tool
- Unit 3. BOD command processing and the Data Service Layer-Advanced
- Exercise 2. Extending an SOI service with Overlays
- Unit 4. Commerce Management Center (CMC) V7 Advanced Customization
- Exercise 3. Customizing the Management Center Promotions type
- Exercise 4. Customizing Management enter Validation rule
- Unit 5. Mobile Commerce and Social Commerce
- Exercise 5. Social Mobile Commerce
- Unit 6. REST Web Services
- Exercise 6. RESTful Web Service
- Unit 7. Payments
- Unit 8. Advanced Best Practices
- Exercise 7. Search Engine Optimization
- Exercise 8. Creating a widget
- Unit 9. IBM Gift Center for WebSphere Commerce V7
- Unit 10. IBM Sales Center for WebSphere Commerce
- Unit 11. Course Summary
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses