- Fees / Price AED 9,191
- Locations Downtown Dubai
Health, Safety and Environmental Management Systems are based on a proactive process for incidents prevention as well as reactive monitoring of performance. Risk assessment is required to be applied to all activities that impacts on health & Safety, production, asset, environment and the Company reputation. In this seminar you will learn how to:
- Improve your practical skills in applying advanced risk assessment techniques relevant to the process industry
- Effectively balance risk against cost in order to optimize risk reduction measures
- Motivate your people for improved safety culture
- Appreciate the role of Quantified Risk Assessment and major hazards
- Apply root-cause analysis to incident investigation and analysis
- Previous experience in the application of general risk assessment is preferred
- Recognise the difference between hazard, risk and risk assessment
- Learn how to evaluate different types of risk
- Develop the skills of applying advanced risk assessment techniques relevant to the process industry
- Develop a strategy for planning and implementing risk reduction action plans
- Appreciate the contribution of human error to accidents
- Be able to apply advanced techniques for root-cause analysis for incidents
Participants will learn by active participation during the programme through the use of exercises, syndicate and group discussion, training videos and discussions on relevant types of accidents and "real life" issues in their organisations.
- The programme aims to provide hands-on experience in the application of advanced risk assessment techniques to all aspects of the process industry. It includes analysis of the consequences of major hazards, in terms of fire, explosion and toxic releases. These are modelled using advanced commercial software. Aspects of human error in relation to accidents are analysed and included in methods for promoting a positive safety culture in your organisation.
- This training session also explores the role of analytical investigation and root-cause analysis based on Fault Tree Analysis.
- Participants will be able to apply skills learnt from this training at a practical level to implement the Company's HSE Management System. In addition to your professional development, your organisation should be able to implement, monitor and review HSE action plans.
DAY 1 - Advanced Risk Assessment Techniques 1: HAZOP
- Introduction to hazards identification and analysis techniques
- Techniques for hazard identification and analysis- HAZOP
- Syndicate exercise- application of HAZOP to batch and continuous processes
- Integrating HAZOP within the risk management system
- Review of commercial HAZOP software
DAY 2 - The role of Quantified Risk Assessment 'QRA'
- Failure Modes & Effects Analysis 'FMEA'
- Decision trees and Event Tree Analysis 'ETA'
- Sources of failure data
- Fault Tree Analysis 'FTA'
- Quantification of ETA and FTA
- Evaluation of Individual and Societal Risks
DAY 3 - Mechanics of Fire, Explosion and Toxic Releases
- The role of consequence analysis in QRA
- Types of Fires: Jet flame, pool fire, flash fire, BLEVE
- Types of Explosion: VCE, UVCE, pressure burst, dust explosion
- Vulnerability analysis
- Commercial software for modelling releases, fire, explosion and toxic releases
DAY 4 - Advanced Incidents Investigation Techniques
- Human contribution to accidents
- The role of root cause Analysis in identifying management system failures
- Accident investigation techniques
- Latent failure and root causes for incidents
- Techniques for root-cause analysis
DAY 5 - Promoting a positive safety culture
- Introduction to Safety Culture
- Techniques for improving safety culture
- Measuring improvements in safety culture
- Integrating safety culture within the HSE Management System
The adage that “knowledge” is power holds very true in this industry. In order to maximize results we are constantly updating and upgrading ourselves. This commitment to ongoing skills development is one of the reasons we are success, the belief that there is a “better way to do things” is what motivates us each and every day. By aligning with us you are going to benefit from our years of expertise in real world scenarios. Classroom learning is great but there is no substitute to real world experience which is what we are bringing to the table.
Billionaire investor Warren Buffett said “price is what you pay but quality is what you get” and that expression is very true. With use we understand that your time is very valuable and you only want the best and most current industry related knowledge which is what we bring to the table. Instead of giving you massive amounts of inaccurate or outdated information you get precisely what you want, the most current knowledge so you can make truly informed decisions that will directly impact productivity and your bottom line. When results are what you are looking for then the choice is clear, we are your partners in success.
Technology has revolutionized the way knowledge is disseminated in throughout the world, what use to take months or even years to reach the masses can be done in a few hours ! In order to remain relevant and viable we need to embrace innovations. The challenge with innovation is knowing when to implement it and what type of return you can expect from it. Instead of risking your time and resources we have the answers for you, Since we are at the vanguard of the industry whenever there is a fruitful innovation we will be there providing you with the information needed to make the right decision.
We understand you may have unique need so we provide a tailored made (bespoke for our U.K. friends) approach that will address your questions in the most conducive manner possible. Respect to us means putting your interests, your needs at the forefront of our mind. You will see how genuine we are and that you not just “some customer” you are our partner in success just as much as we are your partner in success. We firmly believe in the “golden rule”, treat others with graciousness, courtesy and respect. Come experience the difference that quality and respect makes and you will truly be amazed.