It is universally recognised that for any Company to succeed it must take a proactive approach to risk management. Over the last few years Companies and a number of Countries legislators have been focusing on Process Safety as a method to reduce the risks posed by hazardous industries. Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) is recognised as being a critical tool in the implementation of a successful risk management system.
As Hazard and Operability (HAZOP) studies are now recognised world-wide as being the qualitative risk assessment methodology of choice in the Process Industries, there will be additional focus on this specific aspect of Process Hazard Analysis.
In this programme the delegates will learn:
- How to apply advanced risk assessment techniques
- Mechanics of dispersion, fire, explosion and toxic releases
- The concept of Quantified Risk Assessment "QRA"
- Hazard and Operability (HAZOP) study methodology
- HAZOP team leadership
Delegates attending this programme will:
- Understand the concepts of Risk Assessment and Risk Management
- Understand the estimation and evaluation of risks - Qualitative, Semi-Quantitative and Quantified Risks
- Techniques for Hazard Identification and Analysis - Check-Lists, Risk Profiling, HAZOP, FMEA and Task-Based Risk Assessment
- Cause-Consequences Analysis - The Role of Fault Trees and Event Trees in Accident Prevention
- Understand HAZOP studies their benefits and their short comings
- Understand the requirements of a Team Leader or Facilitator, scribe and team members during HAZOP studies
- Be able to facilitate a HAZOP study
Participants will learn by taking part in exercises, syndicate and group workshops, as well as looking at case studies and real life situations.
In addition to the professional development of staff, the organisation should be able to prioritise resources to demonstrate that process risks are adequately controlled
Attendees will be able to apply skills learnt from this training at a practical level to identify sources of major hazards and to prioritise decisions for their control
Introduction to Risk Assessment
- Course introduction: delegate and tutor introductions; course objectives
- The concepts of hazards, risk and risk assessment
- Methods for risk evaluation
- Integrating risk assessment within Risk Management
- Qualitative, Semi-Quantitative and Quantitative Risk Assessment methodologies
- Feedback and review of Day 1
Risk Assessment Techniques: HAZOP
- Introduction to hazards identification and analysis techniques
- Techniques for hazard identification and analysis - HAZOP
- Where and when to use HAZOP and the requirements for a successful HAZOP study
- Team composition for HAZOP studies
- Guide words and process variables used for HAZOP studies
- Syndicate exercise - application of HAZOP to relevant processes
- Report back and review of Day 2
Hazop Leadership Techniques
- HAZOP team leader/facilitator requirements
- HAZOP scribe requirements
- Facilitating HAZOP studies, do's and don'ts
- Information required to allow successful HAZOP studies
- Case study where each delegate has the opportunity to facilitate a HAZOP meeting
- Review of commercial software used for HAZOP and Management of Change 'MOC'
- Report back and review of Day 3
- Theory behind fire, explosion and toxic dispersion modelling utilised in Quantitative Risk Assessments
- Types of fires and their effects on people and equipment
- Types of explosions and their effects on people and equipment
- Review of software available for consequence calculations
- Report back and review of Day 4
The Role of QRA
- Introduction to Quantified Risk Assessment "QRA"
- The role of Event Tree Analysis in scenario development
- The role of Fault Tree Analysis for multi-causation analysis
- Applications for ETA and FTA
- Failure data for use in QRA's
- Societal Risk and Individual Risk
- Review of software available for Quantitative Risk Assessments
- Report back on day 5 and discussion
- Programme review and the way ahead
The adage that “knowledge” is power holds very true in this industry. In order to maximize results we are constantly updating and upgrading ourselves. This commitment to ongoing skills development is one of the reasons we are success, the belief that there is a “better way to do things” is what motivates us each and every day. By aligning with us you are going to benefit from our years of expertise in real world scenarios. Classroom learning is great but there is no substitute to real world experience which is what we are bringing to the table.
Billionaire investor Warren Buffett said “price is what you pay but quality is what you get” and that expression is very true. With use we understand that your time is very valuable and you only want the best and most current industry related knowledge which is what we bring to the table. Instead of giving you massive amounts of inaccurate or outdated information you get precisely what you want, the most current knowledge so you can make truly informed decisions that will directly impact productivity and your bottom line. When results are what you are looking for then the choice is clear, we are your partners in success.
Technology has revolutionized the way knowledge is disseminated in throughout the world, what use to take months or even years to reach the masses can be done in a few hours ! In order to remain relevant and viable we need to embrace innovations. The challenge with innovation is knowing when to implement it and what type of return you can expect from it. Instead of risking your time and resources we have the answers for you, Since we are at the vanguard of the industry whenever there is a fruitful innovation we will be there providing you with the information needed to make the right decision.
We understand you may have unique need so we provide a tailored made (bespoke for our U.K. friends) approach that will address your questions in the most conducive manner possible. Respect to us means putting your interests, your needs at the forefront of our mind. You will see how genuine we are and that you not just “some customer” you are our partner in success just as much as we are your partner in success. We firmly believe in the “golden rule”, treat others with graciousness, courtesy and respect. Come experience the difference that quality and respect makes and you will truly be amazed.