- Locations: Dubai
- Duration: 2 Days
- Timings 08:00 AM - 03:00 PM
Negotiation is something people do all the time and is not only used for business. For example, people use it their social lives perhaps for deciding a time to meet, where to go for dinner, etc. Business negotiation is the process by which typically two or more parties come together to try to create a mutually agreeable contractual decision. This stimulating course introduces the skills required for taking part in successful negotiations. It introduces a systematic approach to preparing and conducting negotiations at all levels through analysis of case studies, discussion of real life experience and by taking part in simulations to develop and implement appropriate skills for a professional deal.
- Understand the meaning and importance of negotiation in business
- Identify underlying interests and formulate arguments
- Understand the language of negotiation tactics
- Be familiar with and use different types of negotiation
- Impact of culture in approaches to negotiation.
- Draft opening proposals, know own strengths and weaknesses, and effective listening
- Rectifying objections and finalizing the deal
About Etisalat Academy
We_They is the largest single-source business and telecom training solutions provider in the Middle East. For 30 years we have been providing training consultancy and human capital development services to telecoms, government agencies, oil & gas companies, financial institutions and organizations across all industries and business sectors.
We provide training and development programs ranging from cutting-edge technology courses in 3G, WiMAX, VoIP or IPTV, to career-changing leadership masterclasses, strategy workshops and business management seminars.
Based in the UAE and operating a 1.2 Million square feet training facility in Dubai, our partner network spans two continents and delivers world class training solutions to customers in over 28 countries in GCC and MENA regions.
We help organisations to:
- Develop effective leaders, managers and team members
- Discover and overcome competency gaps
- Measure and improve performance
- Build teams and improve communication
- Recruit and retain talent
- Build a knowledge culture
- Create an organisation-wide competency framework
- Stay competitive by using cutting-edge technology