- Locations: Petro Tech
- Duration: 5 Days
Maintenance is a high leverage contributor to business profitability, through its impact on equipment capacity, product quality, safety, health and the environment, nd the cost of production.
The results and benefits from implementing a world class maintenance operation should yield a significant improvement in plant profit, as well as many intangible benefits such as enhanced customer satisfaction, employee pride and vendor relations.
Maintenance planning is fundamental to the success of operations. If it is your aim to have a world-class enterprise, the maintenance organisation and strategy have a critical role to play in this mission. Driven from business goals, such a strategy cannot be seen as separate from other functions, but rather as an intrinsic part of a complete approach to high performance operation.
The business goals will place organisational, as well technical demands on the enterprise. The strategy therefore has to integrate and guide the implementation of technical and managerial strategies at all organisational and process levels.
The strategy/philosophy must represent the very best technology, procedures and practices available, relevant to the business goals of the organisation. The strategy must define the processes/procedures/practices required to achieve the highest possible degree of maintenance management and maintenance effectiveness, whilst minimising total life-cycle costs of new assets and current operating costs of existing assets.
- Gain an understanding of the critical contribution to be made by maintenance to the achievement of business objectives
- Learn how to establish a strategic framework effective maintenance management
- Understand the roles, processes and procedures to ensure organisational effectiveness
- Learn to establish parameters for the measurement of management and technical performance on all organisational levels
- Improve overall equipment performance, while ensuring long term asset health
Facilitated by an experienced maintenance specialist, our programme will be conducted as a highly interactive work session (as opposed to lectures), encouraging participants to share their own experiences and apply the programme material to real-life situations. Programme size will be limited to 30 delegates in order to stimulate discussion and efficiency of subject coverage. Each delegate will receive an extensive reference manual, as well as case studies and throughout the programme, delegates will be encouraged to identify what they can do to enhance Maintenance Management in their organisations.
The programme provides the delegate with study material on the various aspects to consider for maintenance planning, as well as techniques and case studies to provide the motivation and skills to establish and sustain best practice asset maintenance management.
DAY 1 - Maintenance objectives and strategy
- Changes of relevance to Maintenance
- Role of Maintenance in Modern Business
- Reducing Costs and Improving Performance
- What is the true Downtime Cost?
- Maintenance Cost and Value
- Bottom-line Benefits
- Maintenance evolution - history and modern thinking
- Brief Historical Overview of Maintenance
- Maintenance Types
- Maintenance Plan
- World-Class Reliability and Maintenance
DAY 2 - World-class standards - comparing your plant with the best
- Benchmarking and Maintenance Performance Assessment
- Maintenance Self-Assessment
- Managing and Measuring progress to Excellence
- Overall Equipment Effectiveness
DAY 3 - Implementing new management approaches
- Failure Management Programme (RCM)
- Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
- Life-Cycle Costing
- Getting the best from your CMMS
- Computerised Maintenance Management
- Why CMMS Implementation Fail
DAY 4 - Optimising maintenance organisation
- Operations Excellence
- Operations + Maintenance = Production
- Can Operations Manage Maintenance?
- A Driving Lesson for Operations and Maintenance
- 70/30 Phenomenon
- Contract Maintenance or not?
- Maintenance Management Legends
- A Framework for Achieving Best Practice in Maintenance
- Case Studies
The adage that “knowledge” is power holds very true in this industry. In order to maximize results we are constantly updating and upgrading ourselves. This commitment to ongoing skills development is one of the reasons we are success, the belief that there is a “better way to do things” is what motivates us each and every day. By aligning with us you are going to benefit from our years of expertise in real world scenarios. Classroom learning is great but there is no substitute to real world experience which is what we are bringing to the table.
Billionaire investor Warren Buffett said “price is what you pay but quality is what you get” and that expression is very true. With use we understand that your time is very valuable and you only want the best and most current industry related knowledge which is what we bring to the table. Instead of giving you massive amounts of inaccurate or outdated information you get precisely what you want, the most current knowledge so you can make truly informed decisions that will directly impact productivity and your bottom line. When results are what you are looking for then the choice is clear, we are your partners in success.
Technology has revolutionized the way knowledge is disseminated in throughout the world, what use to take months or even years to reach the masses can be done in a few hours ! In order to remain relevant and viable we need to embrace innovations. The challenge with innovation is knowing when to implement it and what type of return you can expect from it. Instead of risking your time and resources we have the answers for you, Since we are at the vanguard of the industry whenever there is a fruitful innovation we will be there providing you with the information needed to make the right decision.
We understand you may have unique need so we provide a tailored made (bespoke for our U.K. friends) approach that will address your questions in the most conducive manner possible. Respect to us means putting your interests, your needs at the forefront of our mind. You will see how genuine we are and that you not just “some customer” you are our partner in success just as much as we are your partner in success. We firmly believe in the “golden rule”, treat others with graciousness, courtesy and respect. Come experience the difference that quality and respect makes and you will truly be amazed.