Getting the most from people and organisations requires strong leadership skills. As products and services become more complex and the role of knowledge workers becomes more critical in the success of an organisation, it is essential to know how to lead and how to motivate. Great leaders are known for their strong vision, the care they offer for their team, sheer passion for their cause and the tremendous support they provide to help people grow and become better at what they do. This course covers a variety of topics on leadership and communication skills. It is ideal for those who have had some experience in managing or supervising people and want to improve their skills further. The course follows from Leadership Skills and it is assumed that delegates are already familiar with the concepts discussed in that course. Since delegates already have some experience in management, this course is designed to address various practical issues that managers encounter every day and provides strategies on handling them. It is packed with exercises, examples and case studies so delegates are constantly pushed to think and re-examine their own attitudes when dealing with people. They learn numerous techniques that will help them improve their interactions and to build trust. A great part of a leader’s role is motivating his team and people around him. This is strongly reflected in various techniques used throughout the course as delegates come across this concept over and over again.
Course Topics: :
- Managing Your Team’s Aspirations
- How to set effective goals for your team
- How to prepare for brainstorming sessions
- How to help your team to generate ideas so you can benefit from everyone’s inputs
- Why some managers are known to be too confusing or demanding? How can you avoid this?
- What is the 5-steps planning technique and how can it be used for problem solving, brainstorming and general planning?
- How can you use business planning guidelines to improve your leadership?
Giving a Speech
- How can you improve your public speaking and presentation skills?
- How can these strategies benefit you when addressing your team?
- What strategies help you improve the opening of your public talks, whether addressing your team, your clients or your stakeholders?
- What is a crisis?
- What types of crisis exist and what are the qualities of each type?
- What do you need to consider when handling a crisis?
- What areas do you need to consider when planning for crisis management?
- What is a contingency plan?
- What is risk management?
- What are your options when responding to risks and how can you incorporate these into your contingency plan?
- How does critical decision making relate to crisis management?
How can you improve your communication skills with your team by putting yourself in their position?
What strategies help you gather more information about difficult cases, before expressing your dissatisfaction or saying something that you could regret afterwards?
- What are the benefits of forgiving people?
- How to use forgiveness to empower your team
- What stops you from forgiving others?
- What are wrong attitudes toward forgiveness and how can you change them?
- How to use the 6-steps forgiveness sequence when forgiving people?
- What are various levels of delegation and what can you delegate in each level?
- How to select a delegation level based on how much control you want to retain and how much time you want to save
- What strategies help you formulate your request when delegating a task to motivate the person?
- What strategies help you minimise disruption to other team members so you can manage your team effectively as a whole?
egabi Learn is a Professional Authorized Training Services and solutions provider covering a wide range of technical and management specializations. In addition, egabi Learn provides Rollout services covering end-to-end implementation to facilitate the entire rollout process as Theyll as outsTheircing services. egabi Learn offers various advanced learning solutions provided by experienced partners.
Since its establishment in 2007, egabi Learn has demonstrated remarkable growth, and is considered as one of the leading training services providers across MEA Region.
egabi Learn has acquired an impressive client base encompassing top multinational companies and key regional businesses from a wide range of business sectors covering government, telecommunication, banking and private sector companies.See all Egabi Learn courses