This interactive seminar will develop your skills in analyzing business activities. It will guide you through the key steps of analysing financial statements, appraising new investments and measuring performance at all levels of your organization. It will develop your ability to generate growth and improve profitability, as well as pinpointing problem areas for remedial action. Over the five modules delegates will acquire skills and technical knowledge which will enable them to manage more effectively.
This seminar will also focus on the key risks that businesses face in today's uncertain economic, political, and physical environment. Effective risk management is of vital importance in today's business environment and the seminar will promote the understanding of risks and how to minimise the business exposure to them. Practical case studies will be used in each session, to ensure that delegates can relate their learning to real-world problems.
The highlights of this course will be:
- The value of financial reports produced by your organisation to managers, and other stakeholders.
- Where to locate key items of financial information that are important to your management role.
- How to use a range of tools and techniques to evaluate business performance at all levels.
- The evaluation of new investment proposals - will they add value to your organisation?
- The identification, measurement, and control of financial risks.
At the end of this seminar participants will be able to:
- Read and understand their organisation's Annual Financial Report
- Evaluate their firm's financial performance
- Understand and use analytical tools and techniques in practical case-study situations.
- Identify business risks, and consider how these should be managed.
- Appreciate the importance of new investments in maintaining growth and competitiveness, and how these investments should be evaluated.
- Improve their management skills and increase their value to the organization /li>
- Understand capital investment decisions
The seminar will be conducted along workshop principles with formal lectures, case studies and interactive worked examples. Relevant case studies will be provided to illustrate the application of each tool in an operations environment. Each learning point will be re-inforced with practical exercises. Discussion in groups will promote exchange of concepts and ideas.
What will your organisation gain from sending employees to attend this seminar?
- Awareness of the relevance and importance of financial statements
- Understanding of the tools and techniques that can monitor and improve performance
- Ability to identify problem areas, and suggest realistic solutions
- Ability to identify and analyse financial risks, and how these can be effectively managed
- The financial knowledge to make better, more informed, decisions
What will the employee gain from attending this seminar?
- Exchange of ideas and knowledge with other professionals
- Increased awareness of techniques in financial analysis and capital appraisal
- Better understanding of the language of finance and accounting
- Knowledge and understanding of business risk
- Increased ability to identify problem areas
- Increased confidence to tackle new situations
Introduction to Advanced Financial Analysis
- Who are the users of financial data?
- The three key financial statements, measuring performance, position, and cashflow
- Why does financial data have to be analysed ?
- Sources and types of financial information
- Understanding the cash flow cycle vs. the operating cycle
- Ratio & trend analysis of financial statements
- Categories of ratios, and what they reveal about the company
- Case Study
- How to use common sizing to compare performance and position
- The format and structure of the Balance Sheet / Statement of Financial Position
- Sources and types of finance
- Preparing projections for financing sources
- Break-even analysis
- Should we lease or buy our equipment?
- Should we consider 'buying-in' instead of 'making'
- Case study
Analytical & Performance Tools & Techniques
- Finding and using data and information
- Easily available tools and techniques for financial analysis
- Using graphical representation
- The fundamental statistical tools
- Fitting statistical techniques to financial data
- Reports and reporting
- Financial distress
- Altman's Z-score analysis & it's uses
- Case study
Capital Project Analysis
- How new investment projects can meet corporate objectives
- Investment projects - model-building and forecasting
- Basic techniques for appraisal of investments
- Incorporating the value of timing - Net present Value vs. Internal Rate of Return
- How do you choose which method to use
- Measuring the company's capital structure, and estimating the cost of capital
- The dividend valuation model or capital asset pricing model, which is best?
- Case study
Coming to Terms with Risk
- Financial risk-management principles - what can be done
- Methods for analyzing financial risk
- How your bankers can help you to manage financial risk
- Analytical tools for measuring risk
- How to develop the tools for your firm
- Using scenario, sensitivity & subjective analysis techniques
- How to minimize the risk factors we find
- Case study
The adage that “knowledge” is power holds very true in this industry. In order to maximize results we are constantly updating and upgrading ourselves. This commitment to ongoing skills development is one of the reasons we are success, the belief that there is a “better way to do things” is what motivates us each and every day. By aligning with us you are going to benefit from our years of expertise in real world scenarios. Classroom learning is great but there is no substitute to real world experience which is what we are bringing to the table.
Billionaire investor Warren Buffett said “price is what you pay but quality is what you get” and that expression is very true. With use we understand that your time is very valuable and you only want the best and most current industry related knowledge which is what we bring to the table. Instead of giving you massive amounts of inaccurate or outdated information you get precisely what you want, the most current knowledge so you can make truly informed decisions that will directly impact productivity and your bottom line. When results are what you are looking for then the choice is clear, we are your partners in success.
Technology has revolutionized the way knowledge is disseminated in throughout the world, what use to take months or even years to reach the masses can be done in a few hours ! In order to remain relevant and viable we need to embrace innovations. The challenge with innovation is knowing when to implement it and what type of return you can expect from it. Instead of risking your time and resources we have the answers for you, Since we are at the vanguard of the industry whenever there is a fruitful innovation we will be there providing you with the information needed to make the right decision.
We understand you may have unique need so we provide a tailored made (bespoke for our U.K. friends) approach that will address your questions in the most conducive manner possible. Respect to us means putting your interests, your needs at the forefront of our mind. You will see how genuine we are and that you not just “some customer” you are our partner in success just as much as we are your partner in success. We firmly believe in the “golden rule”, treat others with graciousness, courtesy and respect. Come experience the difference that quality and respect makes and you will truly be amazed.