Course detailsWritten and developed by the well-respected authority on autism who authored our Autism Awareness Course, this course has been crafted to give guidance on effective therapeutic approaches that can make significant and positive differences to the quality of life of people with autism.
You will learn about 24 different therapies and interventions that parents can use, with Occupational Therapy, Speech and Language Therapy and ABA covered extensively, along with strategies that can be put in place to help with behavioural issues. You will also learn why children with autism behave as they do, in the hope that it will help you to see things from their perspective and experience an almost first-person viewpoint of how it is to live with autism.
An introduction to autism itself is provided to those taking the Advanced Autism Awareness Diploma as a standalone course. The course also discusses the ideas behind interventions and how to go about choosing the type of therapy that will work best for your child, before explaining several lesser-used (alternative) interventions that you may have not previously considered or may not have been aware.
As previously mentioned, the course offers a comprehensive understanding of 3 particularly effective, and popular, therapies, with a module provided on each. These are:
- Occupational Therapy - Helps develop a person's ability to function effectively in their environment.
- Speech and Language Therapy - Aides those who have difficulties with speech, communication, eating, swallowing or drinking.
- Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) - A specific form of intervention based on Behavioural Psychology that is used with children who have autism, to help them learn new skills and to interact more effectively with the world around them.
- Module 1 - Introduction
- Module 2 - Occupational Therapy
- Module 3 - Speech and Language Therapy
- Module 4 - Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA)
- Module 5 - Emotional Well-Being
- Module 6 - Holistic Approaches
About Centre of Excellence
Where E-Learning Becomes Life-Changing!
Centre of Excellence is recognised worldwide as one of the leading online training providers, with hundreds of thousands of learners having gained vital skills and qualifications online via our Centre.
Our aim is to help you to achieve excellence in every area of your life via quality distance learning training courses. Whether you're looking to learn a new skill, to gain a qualification for a new career or to start a new business, Centre of Excellence can help you to achieve your goals and get to where you want to be.
- All of our courses come with full support from our dedicated team of tutors in your chosen subject field always on hand to help you complete your studies with us.
- We provide a state-of-the-art online learning platform where you can access your course materials 24/7 across any device.
- Whether you decide to study from home, from work or from wherever you choose, there are no deadlines for completing your work so you can study in your own time at your own pace.
- With over 1000 different flexible courses to choose from, we’re sure you’ll find something to fulfill your needs