- Location: Oud Metha - Dubai
- Duration: 8 Hours
Designed for healthcare professionals wanting to gain a fundamental knowledge of adult airway management including intubation of the airway and use of appropriate airway adjuncts. Practical sessions with airway adjuncts and short simulations to highlight good airway management
- Physicians of any specialty
- Nurses of any specialty
- Allied Health Professionals of any specialty
- Understand the importance of good airway management
- Understand the use of airway adjuncts
- Recognize the anatomy of the adult airway
- Evaluation of the airway and choice of suitable airway management
- Review of airway anatomy, airway equipment and adjuncts
- Video of airway techniques
- Introduction to equipment and simulators
- Practical sessions on airway management
- Simulated scenario vignettes
About Dubai HealthCare City
The Khalaf Ahmad Al Habtoor Medical Simulation Center is an institution of the Mohammed Bin Rashid Academic Medical Center, located in Dubai Healthcare City. This state-of-the-art Center is the first of its kind in the UAE for the training of healthcare professionals in a simulated environment with no risk to patients.
Even in sophisticated healthcare systems many patients are harmed, not as a result of illness but as a result of preventable human error. Errors arise due to communication breakdown, loss of skills with time and failure to update knowledge. Simulation can add value by providing a realistic experience in a safe environment with no adverse consequences, develop team communication and increase retention of knowledge and skills.
The Khalaf Ahmad Al Habtoor Medical Simulation Center consists of two high-fidelity operating rooms, featuring functioning adult and paediatric intensive care and operating room equipment as well as an Intensive Care Unit/Post-Anaesthesia Care Unit, patient care rooms, a ward environment and a maternity room. A pre-hospital training facility for simulated trauma, such as car crashes, which will feature ambulance and helicopter environments will be available in 2013. The simulation areas have dedicated debriefing and seminar rooms. Training is provided in both technical and non-technical skills.
See all Dubai HealthCare City courses