- Locations: 28 A El Zahra St. | Suite 12 A | New Nerco, New Maadi, Cairo ,Egypt
- Duration: 5 Days
- This version of this course 20411A utilizes pre-release software in the virtual machines for the labs.
- The course is part two, of a series of three courses, which provide the skills and knowledge necessary to implement a core Windows Server 2012 Infrastructure in an existing enterprise environment. The three courses in total will collectively cover implementing, managing, maintaining and provisioning services and infrastructure in a Windows Server 2012 environment. While there is some cross-over in skillset and tasks across the courses this course will primarily cover the administration tasks necessary to maintain a Windows Server 2012 infrastructure, such as user and group management, network access and data security.
- This course is also preparation material, and maps directly to, Exam 70-412: Administering Windows Server 2012.
This course is intended for Information Technology (IT) Professionals who are already very experienced system administrators working in a Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2012 environment and wish to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to be able to manage and maintain the core infrastructure required for a Windows Server 2012 environment. The key focus for students in this course is to broaden the initial deployment of Windows Server 2012 services and infrastructure and provide the skills necessary to manage and maintain a domain based Windows Server 2012 environment, such as user and group management, network access and data security
A secondary audience for this course will be candidates looking to take Exam 70-411: Administering Windows Server 2012, or are aspiring to acquire the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) credential, either in its own right, or in order to proceed in acquiring the Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) credentials, for which the MCSA credential is a pre-requisite.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Implement a Group Policy infrastructure.
- Manage user desktops with Group Policy.
- Manage user and service accounts.
- Maintain Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS).
- Configure and troubleshoot Domain Name System (DNS).
- Configure and troubleshoot Remote Access.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot the Network Policy Server (NPS) role.
- Implement Network Access Protection (NAP).
- Optimize file services.
- Configure encryption and advanced auditing.
- Deploy and maintain server images.
- Implement Update Management.
- Monitor Windows Server 2012.
- Module 1: Implementing a Group Policy Infrastructure
- Module 2: Managing User Desktops with Group Policy
- Module 3: Managing User and Service Accounts
- Module 4: Maintaining Active Directory Domain Services
- Module 5: Configuring and Troubleshooting DNS
- Module 6: Configuring and Troubleshooting Remote Access
- Module 7: Installing, Configuring, and Troubleshooting the Network Policy Server role
- Module 8: Implementing Network Access Protection
- Module 9: Optimizing File Services
- Module 10: Configuring Encryption and Advanced Auditing
- Module 11: Monitoring Windows Server 2012