- Locations: Riad El-Solh Square, Central District, Beirut, LEBANON
- Duration: 5 Days
This course describes how to configure and manage a System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager site and its associated site systems. The course focuses on day-to-day management tasks for System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager.
- Overview of System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager
- Discovering and Organizing Resources
- Managing the Configuration Manager Client Agent
- Managing Inventory and Software Metering
- Querying and Reporting Data
- Managing Software Distribution and Deployment by Using Packages and Programs
- Creating and Deploying Applications
- Deploying Additional Application Types
- Deploying and Managing Software Updates
- Implementing Endpoint Protection by Using System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager
- Managing Operating Systems Deployment
- Managing Compliance Settings and Profiles
- Mobile Device Management Using System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager
- Configuring Wake On LAN, Power Management, and Remote Control
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager feature set and manage and troubleshoot sites by using the Configuration Manager Console and associated toolset.
- Configure boundaries and boundary groups, configure discovery methods, manage user and device collections, and implement role-based administration.
- Describe the client deployment process, configure client deployment methods, configure the client agent settings, and monitor client status.
- Describe the inventory collection process, configure and manage hardware and software inventory, monitor inventory data flow, and use Asset Intelligence and Software Metering.
- Analyze data by creating queries and running reports.
- Create, deploy, and manage software packages and programs.
- Create and deploy applications by using the System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager application model.
- Configure multiple deployment types.
- Deploy and manage software updates.
- Integrate and implement Endpoint Protection by using System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager.
- Deploy operating systems by using the Configuration Manager infrastructure.
- Manage configuration items, baselines, and profiles to assess and configure settings for devices.
- Manage mobile devices by using System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager.
- Configure Wake On LAN, Power Management policies, and Remote Control.
The primary audience for this course is intended for IT Professionals who are responsible for configuring and managing endpoints in one or more System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager sites and all supporting systems. They have one to three years of experience managing and maintaining client computers, devices, and servers in medium to large enterprise organizations. Administrators may have previous Configuration Manager experience, or be new to the product.
About New Horizons LebanonAs changes in technology have accelerated, it’s become even more essential for people to master technology to be productive, invaluable employees who optimize, program and invent solutions—and even grow companies of their own. With over 300 centers in 60 countries, New Horizons is the world’s largest independent IT and Business training company. Over the past 35 years, New Horizons has delivered a full range of IT and business skills/Management training through innovative learning methods that have transformed businesses and helped over 35 million students reach their goals. New Horizons Lebanon branch was established in 1996.
See all New Horizons Lebanon courses