- Locations: Al Maadi Cairo Governorate Egypt
- Duration: 40 Hours
This course describes how to configure and manage a System Center R2 Configuration Manager site and its associated site systems. The course focuses on day-to-day management tasks for System Center R2 Configuration Manager.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager feature set and manage and troubleshoot sites by using the Configuration Manager Console and associated toolset.
- Configure boundaries and boundary groups, configure discovery methods, manage user and device collections, and implement role-based administration.
- Describe the client deployment process, configure client deployment methods, configure the client agent settings, and monitor client status.
- Describe the inventory collection process, configure and manage hardware and software inventory, monitor inventory data flow, and use Asset Intelligence and Software Metering.
- Analyze data by creating queries and running reports.
- Create, deploy, and manage software packages and programs.
- Create and deploy applications by using the System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager application model.
- Configure multiple deployment types.
- Deploy and manage software updates.
- Integrate and implement Endpoint Protection by using System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager.
- Deploy operating systems by using the Configuration Manager infrastructure.
- Manage configuration items, baselines, and profiles to assess and configure settings for devices.
- Manage mobile devices by using System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager.
- Configure Wake On LAN, Power Management policies, and Remote Control.
- Installation, configuration, and troubleshooting for Windows-based personal computers.
- Windows client management including endpoint security fundamentals.
- Networking fundamentals, including TCP/IP and Domain Name System (DNS).
- Windows Server administration concepts including Active Directory and group policy principles and management.
- Basic concepts of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) security.
- Familiarity with Windows Intune
- Desired: Basic understanding of Windows Server roles and services
- Desired: Basic understanding of Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
- Module 1: Overview of System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager
- Module 2: Discovering and Organizing Resources
- Module 3: Managing the Configuration Manager Client Agent
- Module 4: Managing Inventory and Software Metering
- Module 5: Querying and Reporting Data
- Module 6: Managing Software Distribution and Deployment by Using Packages and Programs
- Module 7: Creating and Deploying Applications
- Module 8: Deploying Additional Application Types
- Module 9: Deploying and Managing Software Updates
- Module 10: Implementing Endpoint Protection by Using System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager
- Module 11: Managing Operating Systems Deployment
- Module 12: Managing Compliance Settings and Profiles
- Module 13: Mobile Device Management Using System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager
- Module 14: Configuring Wake On LAN, Power Management, and Remote Control
About New Horizons Egypt
Founded and headquartered in Anaheim, California, New Horizons Learning Centers was named the world's largest independent training company by IDC.
The Company is both an operator and franchisor of training centers that offer a broad range of Technical Training, Desktop Application, Business Skills and English Language courses for all levels of users in multiple delivery methods and formats.
New Horizons provides approximately three million student days of instruction annually with location around the globe.
New Horizons sets the pace of innovative training programs that meet the changing needs of the industry. With 2400 qualified instructors in over 2100 classrooms at 300 centers in 60 counters around the world.
New Horizons offers more courses, at more times, in more delivery methods than any other training company.See all New Horizons Egypt courses