- Locations: Mahboula
- Duration: 5 Days
About this Course
The course focuses on teaching inpiduals how to use SQL Server 2012 product features and tools related to maintaining a database. Also this course helps you prepare for the Exam 70-462
Below are the some of the new features of SQL Server that has been discussed in this course
- Discussion around servicing SQL Server (Service Packs, Cumulative Updates, Hotfixes)
- Understanding the relationship between the different levels of updates to the SQL Server product is very important for those working with it. The course now covers details on how hotfixes, cumulative updates and service packs are related and when to apply each type of update.
- SQL Server use of automated update
- SQL Server can now utilize Windows Update for servicing. The course shows how to enable automated updates and when the use of these updates should and should not be used.
- Partial database containment
- A significant challenge when migrating databases between servers is the management of objects such as logins that are not contained within the database. The course now discusses the partial containment options that are provided by SQL Server 2012. In particular, authentication-related changes are discussed.
- Users with passwords (contained users)
- The course shows how SQL Server 2012 allows users to be authenticated at the database level, rather than at the server level. This is an important first step in for database containment.
- User-defined server roles
- In earlier versions of SQL Server, user-defined roles could be created at the database level but not at the server level. In SQL Server 2012, user-defined roles can also be defined at the server level. This can help to increase the security of systems. Having the ability to configure more fine-grained permissions lets logins be assigned only the permissions that they need to do their work.
- In-place upgrades of data-tier applications
- In earlier versions of SQL Server, an upgrade of a data-tier application involved migrating all the data within a database to a new database. In SQL Server 2012 this is no longer needed and the course shows how data-tier applications can be upgraded much more quickly, and using less system resources.
- Appendix with intro to AlwaysOn, High Availability and Replication concepts
- Students who will be attempting the certification exam that is relevant to this course require knowledge of high availability and replication. In earlier versions of this course, none of these details were covered. In this version of the course, an appendix that covers the core concepts for high availability (including SQL Server 2012 AlwaysOn technologies) and replication is provided.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Plan and install SQL Server.
- Describes the system databases, the physical structure of databases and the most common configuration options related to them.
- Explain the concept of the transaction log and SQL Server recovery models and implement different backup strategies available with SQL Server.
- Create SQL Server Backups.
- Restore SQL Server databases.
- Use the import/export wizards and explain how they relate to SSIS.
- Work with SQL Server security models, logins and users.
- Work with fixed server roles, user-defined server roles, fixed database roles and user-defined database roles.
- Work with permissions and the assignment of permissions.
- Work with SQL Server Audit.
- Work with SQL Server Agent, jobs and job history.
- Implement SQL Server agent security, proxy accounts and credentials.
- Configure database mail, alerts and notifications.
- Create database maintenance plans.
- Work with SQL Profiler and SQL Trace stored procedures.
- Introduce DMVs and the configuration of data collection.
- Work with Central Management Servers and Multi-Server queries, Virtualization of SQL Server and Data-Tier Applications.
- Troubleshoot SQL Server databases.
- Module 1: Introduction to SQL Server 2012 and its Toolset
- Module 2: Preparing Systems for SQL Server 2012
- Module 3: Installing and Configuring SQL Server 2012
- Module 4: Working with Databases
- Module 5: Understanding SQL Server 2012 Recovery Models
- Module 6: Backup of SQL Server 2012 Databases
- Module 7: Restoring SQL Server 2012 Databases
- Module 8: Importing and Exporting Data
- Module 9: Authenticating and Authorizing Users
- Module 10: Assigning Server and Database Roles
- Module 11: Authorizing Users to Access Resources
- Module 12: Auditing SQL Server Environments
- Module 13: Automating SQL Server 2012 Management
- Module 14: Configuring Security for SQL Server Agent
- Module 15: Monitoring SQL Server 2012 with Alerts and Notifications
- Module 16: Performing Ongoing Database Maintenance
- Module 17: Tracing Access to SQL Server 2012
- Module 18: Monitoring SQL Server 2012
- Module 19: Managing Multiple Servers
- Module 20: Troubleshooting Common SQL Server 2012 Administrative Issues
About Nahda International Academy
By keeping pace with the contemporary benchmarks of learning, training and skill development, NAHDA International Academy aims to incorporate the advance employment of the modern day converged technologies to maximize the development of its students. The learning and training is carried out in a manner to ensure the global standards of current era's requirements of education and professionalism. The Academy safeguards the concept of active, creative and interactive learning with the provision of vigorous and productive environment.
To enable its pupils to have a stand-out future and fortune, NAHDA International Academy has collaborated with high ranked Schools, Universities, reputed experts of knowledge and technology, professional trainers and development enthusiasts. The Academy is known for its quality education and innovative environment enriched with passion and inventiveness. The educating process is carried out in a way that empowers the individual to exhibit his/her very potential by protecting that individual's unique pattern of thinking and creations.
To meet the present day demands of integrated world and education, NAHDA International Academy has partnered with the world class Universities and institutions around the world including the universities of United Kingdom, United States of America, Europe, Asia and Africa e.g. Frederick University, London School of Marketing, The University of Northampton, The University of Bedfordshire, Atlantic International University, EduQual, Excel High School, Alliance International University This attribute of NAHDA International Academy contributes to be the reason of it managing to stand tall in the highly competitive environment in the region.