- Duration: 4 Days
This course is also available as instructor-led online course, Administering IBM WebSphere Operational Decision Management V8 (Remote Class) (VB387GB). Please note that this option does not require any travel.
This instructor-led course introduces administrators to IBM WebSphere Operational Decision Management (WODM) V8. You learn the concepts and skills that are necessary to install, configure, and manage Decision Server Rules, Decision Server Events, and Decision Center.
The course begins with an overview of Operational Decision Management components and installation. You learn how to configure WODM modules for various topologies, and how to manage security.
This course also covers synchronization, deployment, and release management for rule and event projects. You monitor rule execution and event processing, examine methods to enhance system performance, and troubleshoot issues.
Throughout the course, hands-on exercises reinforce lecture content. You gain practical experience with WODM V8 by completing configuration tasks, working with fine-grained project permissions, managing deployments, monitoring performance, and applying problem determination techniques.
This course is designed for administrators who install, configure, and administer WebSphere Operational Decision Management.
- Describe the IBM WebSphere Operational Decision Management technical architecture
- Define installation tasks
- Explain topology options for clustered environments
- Complete basic configuration of Decision Server Rules, Decision Server Events, and Decision Center
- Manage user and group authentication and authorization
- Synchronize projects across business and development environments
- Manage project deployment from Rule Designer and Decision Center
- Audit decisions through Decision Warehouse
- Manage versions, baselines, and multiple releases in Decision Center
- Provide strategies for enhancing performance
- Troubleshoot server environments with administration consoles
- Monitor business event processing with PMI tools and Business Space dashboards
You should have:
- Basic knowledge of database management
- Familiarity with source code control (SCC) mechanisms
- Basic knowledge of Ant and the Java programming language
- Knowledge of WebSphere Application Server
- Knowledge of Java Platform, Enterprise Edition (Java EE)
About Global Knowledge Egypt
Global Knowledge is the worldwide leader in IT and business skills training. They deliver via training centers, private facilities, and the Internet, enabling their customers to choose when, where, and how they want to receive training programs and learning services.See all Global Knowledge Egypt courses