The aim of the Administering Cisco Unified Messaging (AUM) course is to produce competent administrators of the Cisco Unity product. By the end of this course, learners will be able to perform system setup and customization; add, delete, and modify subscribers; and monitor and maintain the Cisco Unity system. It is the initial course in a two-course series; the other is Implementing Cisco Unified Messaging (IUM). As such, it lays a successful foundation for participation in the engineering-level course because a learner must understand the product features and how to use them before being able to install, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot the features.
This course is designed for:
- End-user system administrators: Those responsible for the day-to-day management of corporate messaging systems.
- Partners (Field Engineer 2 role): Those responsible for planning, designing, and implementing Cisco Unity systems in an IP telephony environment.
- Professional Services partners: Cisco personnel responsible for planning, designing, and implementing Cisco Unity systems in an IP telephony environment.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Components of the Cisco Unity system, their standard and optional features, and how they integrate into a unified messaging system
- Components of the Cisco Unity Connection system, their standard and optional features, and how they integrate with telephone systems
- Configure a Cisco Unity system using acknowledged best practices and manage a Cisco Unity subscriber account using the Cisco Unity Administration tool
- Choose the correct subscriber type and add the individual subscriber using best practices for setting account policy, class of service, and subscriber templates
- Monitor and maintain a Cisco Unity system using available tools and reporting capabilities
Cisco Unified Messaging Overview
- Introducing Cisco Unity
- Understanding Cisco Unified Messaging
- Understanding Cisco Unity Standard System Features
- Understanding Cisco Unity Standard User Features
- Understanding Cisco Unity Optional Features
Cisco Unified Messaging General Setup
- Using Cisco Unity
- Using the Cisco Unity Administrator
- Setting Up Cisco Unity
Cisco Unified Messaging Subscriber Configuration
- Configuring Global Subscriber Settings
- Configuring Subscriber Accounts and Settings
- Using Call Handlers and Interview Handlers
Cisco Unified Messaging System Monitoring and Maintenance
- Monitoring a Cisco Unified Messaging System
- Maintaining a Cisco Unified Messaging System
- Managing Unified Messaging System Reporting
EquiTrain –a pision of Equinox International- equips organizations with IT skills that are the lifeblood of modern corporate life, as Theyll as the professional expertise required for ensuring productivity and to remain competitive now and tomorrow.
At EquiTrain, They tailor end-to-end training solutions that incorporate both IT and business consultancy to the specific needs of each inpidual customer. They can equip yTheir IT professionals with all they need to quickly maximize yTheir new technology investments as Theyll as pushing forward absolute beginners on their road to IT proficiency.
They offer a broad range of IT and Management training cTheirses and certifications from top technology vendors with a choice of on-site or offsite, public or closed and local or abroad training. Their portfolio of cTheirses is supplemented by Their strategic training alliance with world's leading providers of learning solutions.See all Equitrain courses