Course detailsADHD, or attention deficit hyperactivity disorder has had a lot of bad press and is often misunderstood by those who don't have a connection to someone with the condition.
To understand the condition, we must first understand what it is. Students will learn, about symptoms, related conditions, variations of the condition, and more.
Although the most commonly diagnosed, and one of the most highly-researched, mental health disorders in children, there is still a lot to understand about the cause of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. The ADHD Awareness Course shares some of the most recent research and information, so that students can get a better grasp of what is, and isn't.
A very important consideration for those caring for those with, or who themselves have, ADHD, is the considerations and implications of the law and educational institutes. The course discusses how ADHD, as a neurological difficulty rather than a physical disability, is treated within these communities.
You will learn the pros and cons of the inclusion of a child with ADHD within mainstream schools and specialist educations, both from the perspective of the child themselves and the wider community. You will gain insight into what these children deal with on a daily basis and how their actions can be misinterpreted as something else entirely.We will reinforce the approach of educating a child with ADHD and how to use some of the positive symptoms of the condition to help them learn in a way that benefits them.
The course discusses the use of medication and therapies, and the impact/possible side effects of these treatments. It also offers practical tips, techniques, and coping strategies for the parents of children with ADHD.
Although the ADHD Awareness Course discusses childhood ADHD in-depth, this can be a lifelong condition and an estimated 4% of the UK adult population have the condition, though for adults this can often go undiagnosed.
- Module 1: What is ADHD?
- Module 2: Causes, Theories and Prevalence - What we know so far
- Module 3: The Law and ADHD
- Module 4: Inclusion
- Module 5: ADHD and Education
- Module 6: ADHD Classroom Strategies and Reasonable Adjustments
- Module 7: Living with ADHD - Treatments, Interventions and Parenting Strategies
- Module 8: Adults with ADHD
Job roles this course is suitable for:ADHD
About Centre of Excellence
Where E-Learning Becomes Life-Changing!
Centre of Excellence is recognised worldwide as one of the leading online training providers, with hundreds of thousands of learners having gained vital skills and qualifications online via our Centre.
Our aim is to help you to achieve excellence in every area of your life via quality distance learning training courses. Whether you're looking to learn a new skill, to gain a qualification for a new career or to start a new business, Centre of Excellence can help you to achieve your goals and get to where you want to be.
- All of our courses come with full support from our dedicated team of tutors in your chosen subject field always on hand to help you complete your studies with us.
- We provide a state-of-the-art online learning platform where you can access your course materials 24/7 across any device.
- Whether you decide to study from home, from work or from wherever you choose, there are no deadlines for completing your work so you can study in your own time at your own pace.
- With over 1000 different flexible courses to choose from, we’re sure you’ll find something to fulfill your needs