This qualification gives learners the knowledge and skills to work with individual and groups of client in a personal training setting. Successful achievement of the qualification will allow the learner to gain employment within an organisational setting of alternatively in a self-employed environment. It also provides access onto The Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) at level 3.
- A suitable Level 2 qualification in Gym Instructing
- The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential, therefore a degree of physical fitness is necessary
- There is an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) and application of number involved, and learners should have basic skills in communication and application of number pitched at levels 3 and 2 respectively
- Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity (M/600/9015) - this unit is worth 2 credits
- Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment (T/600/9016)- this unit is worth 2 credits
- Principles of exercise, fitness and health (A/600/9017) - this unit is worth 4 credits
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health (A/600/9051) - this unit is worth 6 credits
- Programming personal training with clients (F/600/9052) - this unit is worth 7 credits
- Delivering personal training sessions (J/600/9053) - this unit is worth 9 credits
- Applying the principles of nutrition to a physical activity programme (L/600/9054) - this unit is worth 6 credits
- Multiple Choice Examination
- Portfolio of Evidence
- Practical Demonstration/Assignment
"CAREERSPORT FITNESS ACADEMY is the first company in Ireland to operate a dedicated professional service in training and recruitment exclusively for health, fitness, sport & leisure. The academy's vision is the ongoing commitment to assist individuals, companies and organisations within these sectors to achieve their goals through specialist services in training & recruitment. CareerSport Tutors & Recruitment Consultants are selected because of their extensive knowledge, professional experience and their proven track records in fitness, health, sport and leisure.
- Provides outstanding customer care is unique because we are committed to raising the Industry standards and setting a new benchmark for qualified fitness professionals.
- CareerSport Fitness Academy provides specialist advice in sports coaching – individual and team fitness, skills development programs and sports psychology including emotional intelligence.
- CareerSport Fitness Academy aim is to enhance the fitness and value of individuals and teams by providing the highest professional standards in teaching and coaching."
Sport and Fitness Related Questions
Unanswered //Oct 12, 2016 Healthcare and Medical
Interested in a personal training course in Dubai, so I can get to be a personal trainer during m...
Unanswered //Sep 29, 2016 Sport and Fitness
Nursing, at Abu Dhabi, I love the health sector and I want to help people get well. I have diplom...
Unanswered //Jan 9, 2017 Nursing, Healthcare and Medical