- Fees / Price BHD 270
- Duration 12 Weeks
- Timings Part Time, Flexible
- Locations Bahrain
This is the ideal course if you need to improve your writing skills to achieve success at university either at under-graduate or post-graduate level. This course will help you develop your planning, drafting and editing skills which are essential when writing a dissertation or thesis. You will also practise techniques and language to give your written style a more formal and academic tone.
You will a complete a number of writing tasks and receive personalised feedback and counselling from your teacher.
ON THIS COURSE YOU WILL:
- learn to structure and organise a range of written texts
- practise planning and editing your own writing
- learn phrases and vocabulary typical in academic writing
- create a portfolio to showcase your written work.
Why Should you choose this course from the British Council
Improve your writing skills with the world’s English experts and you will:
- be taught by a highly qualified teacher
- enjoy lessons that use modern teaching methods and materials
- gain access to the LearnEnglish website featuring thousands of hints, tips, games and downloads
- see your ability to plan and write a range of academic texts improve.
This course is for students placed at intermediate and above. Your teacher will introduce different types of written texts typically needed at university or in higher education. You will write a number of essays and analyse typical features in other genres such as personal statements and reports.
How will I be assessed?
You do not pass or fail an Academic Writing course.
Your teacher will assess your participation, language and communication skills, and give you advice about what type of course you should do next to continue to improve your English.
The British Council has been in Bahrain since 1948 and they have helped generations of Bahrainis, residents and people from across the Arabian Gulf to learn English, study in the UK, show their talents and improve their skills.
Over the past 70 years, they have been able to build an exceptionally strong reputation within the Kingdom, and constantly strive to ensure that their programmes and policies benefit as many people as possible.See all British Council - Bahrain courses