Advance your accounting skills with the Level 4 AAT course
Our online AAT Level 4 Course in Accounting builds on the skills developed from Level 3 focusing on more advanced accounting processes and management accounting techniques in preparation to hold a Senior Finance role.
Home Learning College train more AAT Level 4 students online than any other online training provider. Through our award-winning Virtual Learning Campus, experienced Tutors and unique Tutor Group Study option, we are ready to help you get to the next level in your accounting career.
Study on our award winning online platform
We are thrilled to have recently won two awards at the 2016 AAT Training Provider Awards and reap the rewards of all the hard work our team puts into creating such high quality courses. We won Best Use of E-learning, which recognises the exceptional digital learning experience we provide for our students and also AAT Distance Learner of the Year which was awarded to one of our extremely dedicated students Thomas Brinsley.
Studying your qualification online with Home Learning College allows you to progress through the course whenever and whenever suits you. Submit your details in the form to receive a course brochure.
AAT level 4 qualified employees are continually highly sought after by employers due to their relevant knowledge, skills and enthusiasm and the AAT's excellent international reputation.
With the Level 3 qualification on your CV, you can apply for a range of positions such as an Assistant Accountant with a potential salary of ©29,000* and achieving the full AAT qualification you could earn up to ©37,500 and continue on to chartered accountancy.
Our level of experience and investment in the UK's largest online AAT programme gives you access not only to experienced tutors, but to a learning environment refined through thousands of successful student journeys. Click on How It Works below to see why we're different.
The Level 4 AAT online accounting course is designed to take you from experienced Part-Qualified status to Qualified Accounting Technician status and advance your career in Accounting, giving you the opportunity to branch out into specialist learning areas.
Our online training courses allow you to study at home to complete the full AAT training pathway and master accounting practice at advanced level.
Move your career to the next level with the Level 4 AAT Accounting qualification
With our AAT Level 4 qualification, you will be recognised by universities and employers alike giving you elevated professional credibility and status, increasing your opportunities for career progression and fulfilling your salary expectations.
Through your Level 4 accounting training you will learn how to work with internal control systems, produce financial statements and analyse financial performance.
In addition to gaining the full AAT Accounting Qualification, successful completion of Level 4 Accounting training means you can apply for Affiliate Membership of the AAT and eventually upgrade to full member using the letters MAAT after your name once you have gained sufficient work experience.
How to gain the AAT Level 4 qualification
Students will work through the AAT Level 4 course online on our award winning VLC (Virtual Learning Campus) our fantastic online learning platform which ensures Students succeed, with the ability to study online, on any device, wherever and whenever suits them. Online learning allows you to gain a professional qualification around work, family and other important commitments and offers a flexibility that is simply not available from traditional colleges.
The VLC is filled with a huge range of resources and engaging content and we make sure our course materials cater to all learning styles to give all our students the best chance of success. The campus holds videos, interactive quizzes, live online classes- with Tutor and peer interaction, case studies, E-books, practice tests, online chat box for Tutor contact, student forums, plus our Career Management Hub offers students recent industry news, CV advice, interview simulators, expert video tips and recruitment help.
The Syllabus is set by the AAT but we translate those requirements into a unique combination of tutor-led and self-led activities that give you the confidence to progress and achieve your qualification.
We break down the AAT syllabus into small, manageable learning blocks because we know, from experience, that people learn best from taking small steps and consolidating their knowledge as they go along.
There are nine individual units within the AAT Level 4 Diploma in Accounting AQ2013 Qualification. To gain the qualification, students are required to demonstrate their competence in six units: four compulsory units and a further two optional units, chosen from a range of five units on offer:
- Financial Statements
- Financial Performance
- Internal Control and Accounting Systems.
Elective (Optional) units (two units from a choice of five):
- Cash Management
- Credit Control
- Business Tax
- Personal Tax
- External Auditing.
Our AAT Level 4 accounting course will teach you financial leadership skills, how to prepare financial statements for limited companies, complex management accounting tasks and account management skills.
View a short selection of Sample Materials for AAT Level 4 Diploma in Accounting.
- Level 4 qualification - comparable to a Higher National Certificate (HNC)
- Accredited by the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) and recognised by Ofqual
- Eight course books consisting of four mandatory units of study (the two elective units are chosen at a later date and downloaded as eBooks)
- Six computer-based assessments taken at an external centre*
- 400 Guided Learning Hours (GLH)
- Flexible payment options available
- Offers progression towards studies in Chartered Accountancy.
The new AAT syllabus (AQ2016) is coming soon
From 1st September 2016 there will be a few changes coming into effect to the AAT syllabus. Find out what it means for you, and what your options are.
What is Included
Our Students choose Home Learning College as their online AAT training provider because of the complete package of support and services we offer. This starts from your very first call with us to discuss your study options. Here are the main components:
- A dedicated tutor takes responsibility for your overall progress through the course. They have the experience and expertise to get you qualified
- The student services team help you organise your exams, learn how to use our wealth of support tools and generally make things go smoothly
- Our marking team ensure your assignments are turned around rapidly with helpful feedback
- Interactive live classes mean you learn alongside your peers keeping you motivated- you really don't feel you're studying alone
- We set an achievable Study Framework for your tutor group to ensure you complete the course within the recommended amount of time
- Printed course books so you can jot down notes in the margin AND handy ebooks as well if you prefer to save to your tablet or phone
- Exam fees and a full exam booking service are included so you can focus 100% on your studies
- Flexible finance options to help you spread the cost (more detail below)
- Sage One Accounts software
- NUS card - the definitive student discount card with a range of exclusive discounts.
- 24 hour access to our award winning Virtual Learning Campus with everything you need during your course in one place
- A vibrant community of thousands of students gives you a ready-made network for support or advice
- Practical tests throughout the course cement your knowledge
- Real time personal progress tracking ensures you stay on task and motivated to keep going
- A comprehensive Career Management Service including video career coaching, interview simulator, career assessment tools, CV guidance and job search
To enrol on this course you must hold an existing AAT Level 3 Certificate in Accounting or have a recent British or Irish degree in Accounting or Finance. Exceptions can occasionally be made for students with other appropriate Level 3 qualifications who are employed in an accounting role.
Before you enrol on this Home Learning College course, please ensure that you have read and understood the prerequisites below:
- You have a valid UK address (AAT qualifications cannot be studied outside the UK, Channel Islands or Isle of Man)
- You are over the age of 18 or have a third party payee for any financial agreement.
- You have a solid grasp of the English language. IELTS 5.5 or equivalent is required if English is not your first language
- You have access to a computer and the internet throughout your study period.
- You have basic computer skills in order to navigate our Virtual Learning Campus.
- You are fully committed to your studies.
Did you know that one of the most common challenges people face in pursuing education is the cost? That is why Home Learning College has developed the most flexible payment terms of any other UK distance learning provider. You can pay in full immediately or split your course fees over three instalments at no extra charge.
Alternatively you can apply for our 12, 18 or 24 months payment plans*. Representative APR 19.9%. These plans are offered by our finance provider Omni Capital, take a look at a representative APR Example. Speak to one of our Course Advisors for further details.
What is the AAT Qualification?
Online AAT qualifications are universally respected and internationally recognised. One in twelve Chartered Accountants started by studying toward an AAT Qualification*. AAT is the UK's leading professional body for Accounting and Finance employees with 125,000 members worldwide.
Our AAT courses online allow you to study at home and learn the important technical theory you need to work as an Accountant and how to apply this in a real-world setting. Home Learning College is the UK's leading online learning provider for distance learning AAT courses, with pass rates better than the AAT themselves for all levels.
Once you have completed the AAT Level 4 Diploma course you can apply to join one of the main British Chartered Accountancy bodies, without the need for a degree.
With AAT on your CV, you will demonstrate a level of excellence and work-readiness sought after by employers. Our practical, industry-focussed courses enable you to manage finances, budgets and cash flow effectively and play a key role in business growth.
About Home Learning college
With an active online community of over 20,000 students, we are the UK’s largest distance learning provider for professional qualifications. We bring enterprising professionals together to boost their careers with industry recognised, accredited qualifications. Our online training courses are the UK’s choice for professional learning at home, tailored around work and lifestyle. Our purpose is to provide a flexible study framework whereby students can study towards recognised professional qualifications around work and other commitments, and go on to achieve their professional goals.
We provide professionals with the skills they need for a successful career; offer our academic partners a means by which they can deliver cutting edge industry relevant training programmes; and provide employers with highly trained, capable employees needed to boost their long-term profitability and growth; thus playing a part in driving future economic growth. We are a leader in the professional online learning space, and we aim to always keep the student at the heart of what we do.See all Home Learning college courses