- Locations: Floream, Landmark House, Hammersmith Bridge Road, London, W6 9EJ
- Duration: 210 Hours
Kick start your career with the Level 2 AAT Accounting Qualification
Our online AAT Level 2 Course in Accounting will give you a solid introduction to basic business accounting principles. Home Learning College train more AAT students online than any other training provider through our award-winning Virtual Learning Campus, experienced tutors and unique Tutor Group Study option, we are ready to help you get further in your accounting career.
The AAT Level 2 course comprises the first stage on the AAT qualification pathway. The Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) is the leading awarding body for the accounting sector; AAT qualifications are recognised around the world as evidence of capability and are respected by employers. On completion of the course you will receive your Level 2 Certificate in Accounting and will be able to apply for entry level roles in accounting.
Study on our award winning online platform
We are thrilled to have recently won two awards at the 2016 AAT Training Provider Awards and reap the rewards of all the hard work our team puts into creating such high quality courses. We won Best Use of E-learning, which recognises the exceptional digital learning experience we provide for our students and also AAT Distance Learner of the Year which was awarded to one of our extremely dedicated students Thomas Brinsley.
Learn essential accounting skills
Not every AAT Level 2 accounting course is the same. Our level of experience and investment in the UK's largest online AAT programme gives you access not only to experienced tutors, but to a learning environment refined through thousands of successful student journeys. Click on How It Works below to see why we're different.
Our AAT Level 2 online course will give you a solid understanding of manual and computerised accounting, using Sage One Accounts software (provided with the course). This AAT training course will introduce the essential accounting principles such as double entry bookkeeping, basic costing procedures, sales ledgers and computerised accounting, as well as how to work effectively in the industry.
How to gain the AAT Level 2 qualification
Students will work through the AAT Level 2 course online on our award winning VLC (Virtual Learning Campus) our fantastic online learning platform which ensures Students succeed, with the ability to study online, on any device, wherever and whenever suits them. Online learning allows you to gain a professional qualification around work, family and other important commitments and offers a flexibility that is simply not available from traditional colleges.
The VLC is filled with a huge range of resources and engaging content and we make sure our course materials cater to all learning styles to give all our students the best chance of success. The campus holds videos, interactive quizzes, live online classes- with Tutor and peer interaction, case studies, E-books, practice tests, online chat box for Tutor contact, student forums, plus our Career Management Hub offers students recent industry news, CV advice, interview simulators, expert video tips and recruitment help.
Level 2 accounting training will equip you for an entry level role in an Accounting or Finance department. By the end of the course you will have a solid understanding of manual and computerised accounts and how to use them in a 'real world' setting. The Syllabus is set by the AAT but we translate those requirements into a unique combination of tutor-led and self-led activities that give you the confidence to progress and achieve your qualification.
The AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting consists of five separate units:
- Processing Bookkeeping Transactions
- Control Accounts, Journals and Banking System
- Basic Costing
- Computerised Accounting
- Work Effectively in Accounting and Finance.
You will be provided with textbooks for each unit (also given as eBooks through the Virtual Learning Campus).
View a short selection of Sample Materials for AAT Level 2 Certificate.
- Level 2 qualification - comparable to studying at GCSE or higher diploma level
- Accredited by the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) and recognised by Ofqual
- Five course books and five Tutor Marked Assignments, one for each unit
- Four computer-based tests and one computer-based project taken at an external examination centre
- 210 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) - however, as this is a distance learning course you are in complete control over how much time you commit to your studies each week
- Flexible payment options available
- Pathway option available - take advantage of two courses in one economical package with our combined AAT Level 2 & 3 course
- The Level 2 AAT Accounting Certificate offers progression to the AAT Level 3 Diploma in Accounting.
The new AAT syllabus (AQ2016) is coming soon
From 1st September 2016 there will be a few changes coming into effect to the AAT syllabus. Find out what it means for you, and what your options are.
What is Included
We have put together a comprehensive package to ensure you have everything you need to successfully complete your course. This includes:
- Your dedicated tutor takes responsibility for your overall progress through the course. They have the experience and expertise to get you qualified
- Our student services team help you organise your exams, use our wealth of support tools and generally make things go smoothly
- Our dedicated marking team ensure your assignments are turned around rapidly and with helpful feedback
- 24 hour access to the Virtual Learning Campus
- We set a Study Framework for your tutor group to ensure you complete the course within 12 months
- Interactive live classes mean you learn alongside your peers and help with motivation - you really don't feel you're studying alone
- Our vibrant community of thousands of students gives you a ready-made network for support or advice
- Both printed course books and handy ebooks for each unit
- Exam fees and our full exam booking service means you can focus on your studies
- Our exclusive Career Management Service includes video career coaching, interview simulator, career assessment tools, CV guidance and job search
- Flexible finance options to help you spread the cost (more detail below)
- Sage One Accounts software
- Optional NUS card - the definitive student discount card with a range of exclusive discounts.
Whilst there are no formal entry requirements, to enrol on our Level 2 Certificate in Accounting course, we recommend that you have a basic GCSE qualification in English and Mathematics or a keen interest in Accounting. We also recommend that students take the AAT's Skill Check to measure their prior knowledge.
Before you enrol on this Home Learning College course, please ensure that you have read and understood the prerequisites below:
- You have a valid UK address (AAT qualifications cannot be studied outside the UK, Channel Islands or Isle of Man)
- You are over the age of 18 or have a third party payee for any financial agreement
- You have a solid grasp of the English language. IELTS 5.5 or equivalent is required if English is not your first language
- You have access to a computer and the internet throughout your study period
- It is essential that you have a PC with the Windows XP operating system or higher to run the Sage software
- You have basic computer skills in order to navigate our Virtual Learning Campus
- You are fully committed to your studies.
Did you know that one of the most common challenges people face in pursuing education is the cost? That is why Home Learning College has developed the most flexible payment terms of any other UK distance learning provider. You can pay in full immediately or split your course fees over three instalments at no extra charge.
Alternatively you can apply for our 12, 18 or 24 months payment plans*. Representative APR 19.9%. These plans are offered by our finance provider Omni Capital, take a look at a representative APR Example. Speak to one of our Course Advisors for further details.
Upon completion of the AAT Level 2 Certificate course, you will gain a nationally recognised accredited QCF Qualification , giving you status as a part-qualified Accounting Technician.
The practical, hands-on accounting skills you will gain from studying AAT Level 2 will prepare you for a trainee level Finance or Accounting role. This could be as an Accounts Administrator, Accounts Assistant, Accounts Payable Clerk, Bookkeeper or Trainee Accounts Technician.
This could be just the beginning - progressing to Level 3 and beyond opens up a wealth of opportunity for promotion and higher salaries.
The Pathway Option - combine levels to save
Designed to help you fast-track your career, our pathway packages combine the courses you need to gain access to the wider job opportunities and a higher earning potential.
With our AAT Intermediate Pathway you can gain your AAT Level 2 Certificate and AAT Level 3 Diploma in one course, allowing you to save money and fast-track your career. This option offers savings of over 30% compared to the regular Level 3 price.
The Level 2 Certificate forms the first of three stages in the full AAT Accounting Qualification (AQ2013) pathway. Completing the AAT pathway is approximately equivalent to the first year of an honours degree and allows you to use the letters MAAT after your name and to go on to study with British Chartered Accountancy bodies. AAT is the only professional qualification that allows progression to Chartered status from entry level.
What is the AAT Qualification?
Online AAT qualifications are universally respected and internationally recognised. One in twelve Chartered Accountants started by studying toward an AAT Qualification*. AAT is the UK's leading professional body for Accounting and Finance employees with 125,000 members worldwide.
Our AAT courses online allow you to study at home and learn the important technical theory you need to work as an Accountant and how to apply this in a real-world setting. Home Learning College is the UK's leading online learning provider for distance learning AAT courses, with pass rates better than the AAT themselves for all levels.
Once you have completed the AAT Level 4 Diploma course you can apply to join one of the main British Chartered Accountancy bodies, without the need for a degree.
With AAT on your CV, you will demonstrate a level of excellence and work-readiness sought after by employers. Our practical, industry-focussed courses enable you to manage finances, budgets and cash flow effectively and play a key role in business growth.
About Home Learning college
With an active online community of over 20,000 students, we are the UK’s largest distance learning provider for professional qualifications. We bring enterprising professionals together to boost their careers with industry recognised, accredited qualifications. Our online training courses are the UK’s choice for professional learning at home, tailored around work and lifestyle. Our purpose is to provide a flexible study framework whereby students can study towards recognised professional qualifications around work and other commitments, and go on to achieve their professional goals.
We provide professionals with the skills they need for a successful career; offer our academic partners a means by which they can deliver cutting edge industry relevant training programmes; and provide employers with highly trained, capable employees needed to boost their long-term profitability and growth; thus playing a part in driving future economic growth. We are a leader in the professional online learning space, and we aim to always keep the student at the heart of what we do.See all Home Learning college courses