- Locations: Floream, Landmark House, Hammersmith Bridge Road, London, W6 9EJ
- Duration: 6 Months
Learn the basics of manual bookkeeping
If you have always been interested in organising your own finances or helping others get their accounts in order, bookkeeping can make for a dynamic and rewarding career, offering flexibility, variety and excellent returns.
- The AAT Level 2 Intermediate Certificate in Bookkeeping (QCF: 600/6909/0)
Our Intermediate Certificate in Bookkeeping will ensure you master the basics of bookkeeping giving you the skills and essential knowledge you need to manage books effectively. The course offers a solid introduction to manual double entry bookkeeping, including associated documents and processes, up to Trial Balance standard, providing a great starting point for anyone wishing to start a career in the accounting or bookkeeping industry.
How to gain the AAT Level 2 Intermediate Certificate in Bookkeeping
Students will work through the AAT Level 2 Bookkeeping course online on our award winning VLC (Virtual Learning Campus) our fantastic online learning platform which ensures Students succeed, with the ability to study online, on any device, wherever and whenever suits them. Online learning allows you to gain a professional qualification around work, family and other important commitments and offers a flexibility that is simply not available from traditional colleges.
The VLC is filled with a huge range of resources and engaging content and we make sure our course materials cater to all learning styles to give all our students the best chance of success. The campus holds videos, interactive quizzes, live online classes- with Tutor and peer interaction, case studies, E-books, practice tests, online chat box for Tutor contact, student forums, plus our Career Management Hub offers students recent industry news, CV advice, interview simulators, expert video tips and recruitment help.
Our online AAT courses enable you to fit your studies around existing commitments, including family life or running a business.
We break down the AAT syllabus into small, manageable learning blocks because we know, from experience, that people learn best from taking small steps and consolidating their knowledge as they go along.
The AAT Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping consists of two separate units:
- Unit 1: Processing bookkeeping transactions (PBKT)
- Unit 2: Control accounts, journals and the banking system (CJBS)
- Level 2 qualification - comparable to studying at GCSE or higher diploma level
- Accredited by the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) and recognised by Ofqual
- Six months' typical completion time
- Two course books and two Tutor Marked Assignments, one for each unit
- Assessed by: two tutor marked assignments and two computer based assessments sat at a test centre
- 85 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) and 6 months' typical completion - however, as this is an online learning course you are in control of how much time you commit.
What is Included
We offer an all-inclusive package to ensure you have everything you need to successfully complete your course. This includes:
- Exam fees and exam booking service
- Free access to the Career Management Service
- NUS card - the ultimate student discount card
- Expert Tutors available via phone, email and online
- Course books for each unit
- Best in Class Virtual Learning Campus
Your Virtual Learning Campus
- Live classes keep you motivated and connected with your tutor
- Practical tests to cement your knowledge and check your progress
- Course materials providing access to the full course syllabus at your own pace
- eBooks give you a familiar, printable format that's easy to navigate
- Videos that bring the subject to life
- Upload your assignments securely for marking
- Online student forums to share experience with your fellow Students
To enrol on our Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping course, we recommend that you have a basic GCSE qualification in English and Mathematics and a keen interest in Bookkeeping.
Before you enrol on this Home Learning College course, please ensure that you have read and understood the prerequisites below
- You have a valid UK address (AAT qualifications cannot be studied outside the UK, Channel Islands or Isle of Man)
- You are over the age of 18 or have a third party payee for any financial agreement
- You have a solid grasp of the English language. IELTS 5.5 or equivalent is required if English is not your first language
- You have access to a computer and the internet throughout your study period
- You have basic computer skills in order to navigate our Virtual Learning Campus
- You are fully committed to your studies.
Did you know that one of the most common challenges people face in pursuing education is the cost? That is why Home Learning College has developed the most flexible payment terms of any other UK distance learning provider. You can pay in full immediately or split your course fees over three instalments at no extra charge.
Alternatively you can apply for our 12, 18 or 24 months payment plans*. Representative APR 19.9%. These plans are offered by our finance provider Omni Capital, take a look at a representative APR Example. Speak to one of our Course Advisors for further details.
Take the first step in becoming a qualified Bookkeeper or Accounting Technician.
The practical, hands-on skills you will gain from this level 2 course will prepare you for a trainee level Bookkeeping or Accounting role. This could be as an Accounts Administrator, Accounts Assistant or Bookkeeper earning up to ©29,000*.
The AAT Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping can form the first stage of the full AAT Qualification(AQ2013) pathway. The pathway consists of three levels and is a fully recognised route to employment in a UK accounting role; the further you progress,the better the employment opportunities.
Completing the AAT pathway is approximately equivalent to the first year of an honours degree and allows you to use the letters MAAT after your name and to go on to study with British Chartered Accountancy bodies. AAT is the only professional qualification that allows progression to Chartered status from entry level.
On successful completion of this course, you will receive the AAT Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping (QCF 600/6909/0) and can apply for relevant jobs.
About Home Learning college
With an active online community of over 20,000 students, we are the UK’s largest distance learning provider for professional qualifications. We bring enterprising professionals together to boost their careers with industry recognised, accredited qualifications. Our online training courses are the UK’s choice for professional learning at home, tailored around work and lifestyle. Our purpose is to provide a flexible study framework whereby students can study towards recognised professional qualifications around work and other commitments, and go on to achieve their professional goals.
We provide professionals with the skills they need for a successful career; offer our academic partners a means by which they can deliver cutting edge industry relevant training programmes; and provide employers with highly trained, capable employees needed to boost their long-term profitability and growth; thus playing a part in driving future economic growth. We are a leader in the professional online learning space, and we aim to always keep the student at the heart of what we do.See all Home Learning college courses