Get your first accounting qualification with the AAT Level 1 Access course
The Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) is an internationally recognised provider of accounting qualifications and is one of the leading awarding bodies in the sector. AAT accounting courses offer an accredited route into accountancy for those returning to work or without any finance experience.
If you are looking to start on the accounting career path, or considering accounting as a career choice, our online Level 1 AAT Access course will give you a solid introduction to the relevant business and finance skills used in workplaces up and down the country.
Online training courses in accounting allow you to study at home to become competent in essential accounting practice and prepare you for work as an accounting professional. This AAT Level 1 Access course supports the initial stages of your career development in accounting, introducing you to basic general accounting procedures.
We are thrilled to have recently won two awards at the 2016 AAT Training Provider Awards and reap the rewards of all the hard work our team puts into creating such high quality courses. We won Best Use of E-learning, which recognises the exceptional digital learning experience we provide for our students and also AAT Distance Learner of the Year which was awarded to one of our extremely dedicated students Thomas Brinsley.
Take the first step towards your accounting career today
Accounting professionals need to be qualified in order to work within the finance sector; to create business templates and work effectively with accounting assets and accounting liabilities. With our online accounting courses specially designed for learning at home, you can work your way through the AAT pathway flexibly - beginning with the Level 1 AAT training course - and apply for trainee-level positions at the same time.
On completion of the online AAT Access course you will have a firm grasp of the typical business practices used within accounting and, having gained your AAT Level 1 Certificate, you will be ready to progress onto further study with the AAT and take up a basic accounting role.
Build up a solid understanding of the accounting profession and get a full insight into all areas of accounting practice with the AAT Access course.
Topics covered in this course include: how to work efficiently within an Accounting role, how to work with financial data, the legal framework and ethics that affect day-to-day business, advice on creating business documents, essential accounting terminology, and more.
- Level 1 qualification - comparable to a pre-GCSE qualification
- Accredited by the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT)
- One book containing four assignments and one practical test
- One computer-based exam taken at an external test centre*
- Approximately 75 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) - as this is a distance learning course you are in complete control over how much time you commit to your studies each week
- Flexible payment options available
- Offers progression to the AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting.
What is Included
We have put together a comprehensive package to ensure you have everything you need to successfully complete your course. This includes:
- Study framework for your tutor group to ensure you complete the course within 12 months
- Dedicated tutor to provide additional assistance along the course
- Timely interactive live classes as you progress through the course to instil the knowledge
- Course books for each unit
- Additional downloadable resources
- Online student forums
- 24 hour access to the Virtual Learning Campus
- Assignment marking and thorough feedback
- Exam fees and exclusive exam booking service
- Free access to the Career Management Service
- Optional NUS card - the definitive student discount card with a range of exclusive discounts.
There are no formal entry requirements for our AAT Access course. However, you are recommended to have basic skills in numeracy, information technology and literacy and an interest in accounting, before enrolling.
Before you enrol on this Home Learning College course, please ensure that you have read and understood the prerequisites below:
- You have a valid UK address (students outside the UK will receive an additional postage charge)
- You are over the age of 18 or have a third party payee for any financial agreement
- You have a solid grasp of the English language. ITLTS 5.5 or equivalent is required if English is not your first language
- You have access to a computer and the Internet throughout your study period
- You have basic computer skills in order to navigate our Virtual Learning Campus and regular access to the Internet
- You are fully committed to your studies.
Did you know that one of the most common challenges people face in pursuing education is the cost? That is why Home Learning College has developed the most flexible payment terms of any other UK distance learning provider. You can pay in full immediately or split your course fees over three instalments at no extra charge.
Alternatively you can apply for our 12, 18 or 24 months payment plans*. Representative APR 19.9%. These plans are offered by our finance provider Omni Capital, take a look at a representative APR Example. Speak to one of our Course Advisors for further details.
What is the AAT Qualification?
Online AAT qualifications are universally respected and internationally recognised. One in twelve Chartered Accountants started by studying toward an AAT Qualification*. AAT is the UK's leading professional body for Accounting and Finance employees with 125,000 members worldwide.
Our AAT courses online allow you to study at home and learn the important technical theory you need to work as an Accountant and how to apply this in a real-world setting. Home Learning College is the UK's leading online learning provider for distance learning AAT courses, with pass rates better than the AAT themselves for all levels.
Once you have completed the AAT Level 4 Diploma course you can apply to join one of the main British Chartered Accountancy bodies, without the need for a degree.
With AAT on your CV, you will demonstrate a level of excellence and work-readiness sought after by employers. Our practical, industry-focussed courses enable you to manage finances, budgets and cash flow effectively and play a key role in business growth.
With an active online community of over 20,000 students, we are the UK’s largest distance learning provider for professional qualifications. We bring enterprising professionals together to boost their careers with industry recognised, accredited qualifications. Our online training courses are the UK’s choice for professional learning at home, tailored around work and lifestyle. Our purpose is to provide a flexible study framework whereby students can study towards recognised professional qualifications around work and other commitments, and go on to achieve their professional goals.
We provide professionals with the skills they need for a successful career; offer our academic partners a means by which they can deliver cutting edge industry relevant training programmes; and provide employers with highly trained, capable employees needed to boost their long-term profitability and growth; thus playing a part in driving future economic growth. We are a leader in the professional online learning space, and we aim to always keep the student at the heart of what we do.See all Home Learning college courses