- Locations: IMPZ - Dubai - United Arab Emirates
- Duration: Upto 3 Days
- Timings Part Time, Flexible
Course detailsCourse Overview
The course covers project control and earned value management. The focus is on the essential concepts and general techniques.
The initial emphasis is on the essentials of developing accurate project management and project detailed plans. The plans are critical to assess performance during the project delivery. Concerning plans, the course includes discussion on project approvals and the concept of moving baselines.
In addition, the course covers the steps of project control, what do we control against (moving baselines), and project change management. We will also address the different types of project changes. Finally, we will discuss the various control actions and the necessity to have timely and accurate forecasts.
The course is in-line with international standards, such as the Project Management Institute (PMI) and the Association for Advancement of Cost Engineers International (AAECI).
- Learn about the essential of project control and project constraints
- Understand the concepts of Earn Value Management and the importance of EVM
- Learn the essential of a proper project management plan and moving baselines
- Learn about the difference in stakeholders’ perspective; such as clients, consultants, and contractors
- Understand the differences between fixed price and cost plus contract and how that would impact project control
- Learn how to manage change on projects
All senior professionals and project managers.
The target industries are all those that include the construction of a facility and this include: oil & gas, petrochemicals, utilities, transportation, real estate development, infrastructure, and industrial.
1. Introduction & project management overview
- Project Life Span and SUKAD model for managing projects
- Monitor & control versus change control
- EVM concepts and systematic project control
- Proper scope of work and WBS
- Scheduling, estimating, and budgeting
; Current performance & performance analysis
- Progress management system
- Calculations of PV, EV & AC
- Calculations of variance and indices; identify root causes
- Types of change: scope (objective), project, contract
1. Internal & external change management system
- Forecast cost & time
- Contingency & change
- Corrective and preventive actions
- Rework and repairs
- Recovery planning
Eligibility / Requirements
Require at least five years experience in project ; Please note we offer this course in a generic format or with a focus on capital projects (construction). We can also offer with a focus on clients’ ; The course is highly interactive and a mix of presentations, case studues, open discussions and extended group exercises.
SUKAD was established in Dubai, United Arab Emirates in 2004. In 2012, SUKAD opened another office in Lebanon. From these two offices, SUKAD has been providing services across West Asia and Africa. SUKAD is highly recognized as a leader in project management services; with a large percent of revenues acquired through repeat business and referrals from leading organizations.
SUKAD has an extensive project management research and development program. Under the label and trademark The SUKAD Way™, the R&D effort has led to the development of proprietary products such as The Customizable and Adaptable Methodology for Managing Projects™ (CAM2P™) and The Seven Elements of Project Management Maturity™ (The 7Es™).
In addition to the PM Methodology and PM Maturity Model, SUKAD has developed numerous advance courses and master certificates in project management. SUKAD is also publishing a series of books, booklets, and sample projects in Arabic and English. Their publications include ‘The Inheritance’ and the upcoming ‘Insan Al-Mujtama’ (Arabic), upcoming ‘Redefining the Basics of Project Management’, Project Management for the Accidental Project Manager, and a 4-part series on The Customizable and Adaptable Methodology for Managing Projects™.
SUKAD is a corporate citizen and a business with a heart. Over the years, SUKAD has provided numerous complimentary learning events to thousands of professionals either on our own (under our 2SPI™ program) or through partnerships with various organizations and universities.
In recognition of their business and community successes, in 2011/2012 SUKAD was recognized and ranked on the Dubai SME 100 ranking and the AllWorld Network Arabia 500 ranking.See all Sukad courses