The Certificate III in Fitness is your first step into the fitness industry. This national qualification allows you to be a 'fitness instructor'. You will learn to assess, train and supervise clients in fitness centers and gyms.
What do you learn in a Certificate III in Fitness?
The Certificate III in Fitness course will prepare you to:
- Fitness screen and assess new clients
- Monitor a client's fitness level and development
- Provide fitness training to a single client or group of clients in a supervised and low-risk setting
- Provide advice on exercise and exercise equipment
- Perform administrative duties of the fitness center or gym
- Deliver first aid.
Some of the topics you will study include:
- Anatomy and Physiology and the basics of Exercise Science
- Client screening and assessment
- Principles of healthy eating
- Instructing exercise
- Planning exercise
- Exercise for Special Populations clients such as older adults
- First Aid
- Fitness Course Instructor Specialisations
The program outcomes for this course are:
- Workers qualified at a CIII level are primarily employed as gym or group instructors in a fitness or leisure facility.
- A study pathway to the Certificate IV in Fitness.
- Preparation for further study and vocational skills with development of study and research skills, language and literacy skills, communication skills, time management, planning and managing projects, interpersonal skills and the development of techniques.
- Additional outcomes include the attainment of a First Aid Certificate.
About Australian College of Sport & Fitness
Australian College of Sport & Fitness has been providing award winning education for over 30 years. We are a nationally accredited training provider with our qualifications being recognized by leading industry associations world-wide. You will find learning fitness as well as massage therapy extremely rewarding and that it offers you great career paths. We have students from many countries studying with us including Europe, America, Asia and more.See all Australian College of Sport & Fitness courses
- Diploma in Sport Management Study 365GBP 20
GBP 138Duration: Upto 14 Hours
- Strength and Fitness Global EdulinkGBP 49
GBP 337Duration: Upto 6 Hours
- Fitness Management Level 2 Alpha AcademyGBP 10
GBP 199Duration: Upto 20 Hours