- مدة الدورة التدريبية: 35 to 52 Weeks
This course looks at the role of the learner and the effect of individual differences on second language learning. Issues such as learner motivation, affect, aptitude and learner response to feedback are explored.
By the end of the MA TESOL programme, graduates should be able to:
- prepare and critically assess teaching materials
- plan a programme of language study
- account for inpidual differences and difficulties in language learning
- monitor and assess learners' progress
- advise teachers on effective procedures and interventions
- read and evaluate research, theory and descriptions of classroom practice in language teaching
- plan and carry out their own small-scale empirical research studies
To complete the programme, a participant must:
- obtain a pass in all eight courses
- satisfy class attendance requirements
- complete all online tasks, where applicable
A course participant whose progress has not been satisfactory may be required to terminate her/his candidature.
Course of Study
Course participants must satisfactorily complete all eight courses as listed. Course details are subject to change.
The course will lead to the award of Master of Arts in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages.
Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent qualifications) in Linguistics, English Language, Education or a language other than English (or another relevant degree);
At least two years of professional experience in language education or other areas of applied linguistics;
Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Linguistics conferred by SEAMEO RELC (those with equivalent qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis);
Applicants who do not meet this requirement would have to complete an additional four online courses* as listed below:
- LALS#512 Pedagogical Grammar of English
- LALS#519 Special Topic: Task-Based Language Teaching
- LALS#521 Language for Specific Purposes
- LALS#525 Learner Autonomy and Learning Strategies
* Courses are subject to changes
For students from non-English speaking backgrounds, an overall IELTS score of 6.5 with no sub-score below 6.0 is required.تحديث بتاريخ 08 November, 2015
نبذة عن معهد Regional Language Center
The main task of SEAMEO RELC is to assist in the development of language teacher education in the SEAMEO region, a region of rapid economic development that is fast integrating both politically and economically. SEAMEO RELC provides leadership in the development of expertise and excellence in the field of language education and promotes cooperation between and contact among language professionals in the region and beyond.عرض الجميع دورات Regional Language Center